Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Ralph Blair  
#1 Posted : 12 November 2018 21:53:48(UTC)
Ralph Blair

United States   
Hello Everyone,
With the help of Marklin-User.net, I connected my 60212 v. 2.0.3 to my new 60215 using an internet cable. I reset the I.P. address in the CS1 and went to the tool box in the CS2 and to the CS1 icon and connected. The CS1 worked great, however when I shut the system down and restarted, the CS1 no longer worked and in the CS2 under tools and CS1 it shows a red cross. I tried to reconnect through the CS2 tools, but the CS2 says that there is a CS1 already connected. Any suggestions on how to change the red cross to a green check and reconnect the CS1 to the CS2 would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Ralph
Offline clapcott  
#2 Posted : 13 November 2018 03:36:09(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
The CS1 only checks to see if there is a network to connect to just after reboot is complete.
If there is no-one at the end of the cable, the network adapter shuts down and doesn't care any more.

This is an issue if you are just using a crossover cable, and power on the CS1 and CS2 at the same time as the CS2 takes a lot longer to be ready.

You need to ensure the CS2 has completed its power up.
Enabling the network adapter is the last thing it does, and this may happen anywhere between 15 and 30 second after the screen appears to be complete. comment: It may take longer if it is still trying to find its system devices, especially L88s with defined sensors for routes.

Solutions
- procedural - always power up the CS2 before the CS1
- find a powered hub (unused router) and ensure that is powered up early.

Tip:
After power on , (and network adapter shutdown - no-one home), the CS1 network adapter can be made to wake up , without a reboot, by changing its IP settings.
If you have a fixed IP address set, then change it to something unused (and save) and then back to the original (and save)
Peter
Offline Ralph Blair  
#3 Posted : 14 November 2018 17:10:38(UTC)
Ralph Blair

United States   
Thank you Peter, I start the CS2 first then the CS1 next and everything works great very time. Thank you again Ralph