Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline orionstars  
#1 Posted : 07 November 2018 20:06:52(UTC)
orionstars

United States   
A while back I asked about controller recommendations for a layout in planning that your replies were very helpful. You all put some questions and ideas out there that helped me a lot.

As I was talking ideas over with my wife and our littles, one thing they did not like hearing was the change of controller method we might be facing. That is, currently we have a large My World setup and each Loco has its own (2 channel) controller. We have been able to keep 4 trains running no problem.

Hearing that they wouldn't have their own throttle in hand was disappointing to my crew. So they question arose could we "fix" that? Could we each have our own throttle? (Preferable not iPhone etc.)

I was digging through some material and found a DELTA Station 6607 which seems to offer much of what we would like. I understand Delta is old but is there something/someway to replicate this currently?

This is all Marklin based now. No mixed gauges as the other thread had mentioned at the time.

Thanks,
Pete
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 07 November 2018 20:32:49(UTC)
H0

Hi, Pete,

The MS2 trackbox supports up to 2 directly connected MS2s. With one MS2 hub you get up to 6 MS2s, with two hubs up to 10 MS2s.
Far better than the old Delta Station.

How many throttles do you need?

60122 MS2 Hub
60653/60657 MS2
60113/60116 MS2 trackbox for H0 gauge
You also need a power supply.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline orionstars  
#3 Posted : 07 November 2018 20:39:17(UTC)
orionstars

United States   
Oh Wow! I didn't know that. I thought I had read that there could only be two MS2s attached to any layout. Your solution above would be way more then enough!

I currently need only 4 with the hope of adding 3-4 more (over time).

I'll go looking around.

Do I need a CS unit to make this work or is that optional?

Pete
Offline H0  
#4 Posted : 07 November 2018 20:42:23(UTC)
H0

You do not need a CS to make this work.
You do not need the MS2 hub to connect more MS2s if you get a CS. To connect more than 3 MS2s to a CS2/3 you will need terminals instead.

A CS2 or CS3 with two or three MS2s will also give you four or five respectively throttles - at a slightly higher cost.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline clapcott  
#5 Posted : 07 November 2018 21:00:46(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
You do not need the MS2 hub to connect more MS2s if you get a CS. To connect more than 3 MS2s to a CS2/3 you will need terminals instead.

If I may add.

The 60122 (MS II-Hub) is for use with the MS2-TrackBox only ,
While it may be able to plug into the CS2 - with its 10 pin plug may plug - it will not work - i.e. there is no ROI with this product

The CS2/3 have 2 native "10 pin" ports , at the front, for direct MS2 connection
For any more (via the booster port (7 pin) or terminal (60125/45) with 4 x 7pin ports) you need a 7pin<>10pin adapter (60124) for each.
Peter
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by clapcott
Offline TEEWolf  
#6 Posted : 07 November 2018 22:10:26(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: orionstars Go to Quoted Post
A while back I asked about controller recommendations for a layout in planning that your replies were very helpful. You all put some questions and ideas out there that helped me a lot.

As I was talking ideas over with my wife and our littles, one thing they did not like hearing was the change of controller method we might be facing. That is, currently we have a large My World setup and each Loco has its own (2 channel) controller. We have been able to keep 4 trains running no problem.

Hearing that they wouldn't have their own throttle in hand was disappointing to my crew. So they question arose could we "fix" that? Could we each have our own throttle? (Preferable not iPhone etc.)

I was digging through some material and found a DELTA Station 6607 which seems to offer much of what we would like. I understand Delta is old but is there something/someway to replicate this currently?

This is all Marklin based now. No mixed gauges as the other thread had mentioned at the time.

Thanks,
Pete

If you build up a system structure with up to 10 MS 2 via a track box (your myWorld infrared controllers are no longer usable in that structure) was written by @H0.

In addition to @clappcott, you can build up a controller layout system with multiple MS 2 by using a CS 2 or CS 3. As it will look like, please see the picture in Märklin Magazin 05/2017 page 25. The article you find here as a PDF-file and you see this CAN-bus system on page 6 of this file.

https://www.maerklin.de/...einsetzen-MM-2017-05.pdf

Unfortunately this article is only in German available. See your own started thread at marklin-users.net.

https://www.marklin-user...glish-articles-available

I recommend always a system structure with a CS in there. Because you always get a regular, always extentable CAN-bus and you got your own software update possibility for your MS 2. Only with a CS 2 or CS 3 is a software update for a MS 2 possible. If a CS 3 is too expensive, take a used CS 2. I just found one at eBay used for 100 €. An excellent offer, because if you do not need a CS 2 as a controller, you always can use it as a booster in a CAN-bus. And a booster from Märklin always cost about 150 to 200 €. Also you are saving buying a trackbox which will cost also (ok - brand new) up to a 80 €. Never forget for all these devices the necessary power supply.

As you see at MM 02/17 page 25 using a CS, you do not use the MS 2 hub (60122). You have to use the so called terminal 60145 (or the old grey 60125 - technically no differences) for building the CAN-bus. As you see at a CAN-bus you can add plenty of other devices. Here it is only shown a booster (60175) for additional power. This depends on the size of your layout. This is very informative written in the new guideline from Märklin about electricity.

https://www.marklin-user...n-Technical-Informations

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by TEEWolf