Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Twisterdodger  
#1 Posted : 31 August 2018 22:53:59(UTC)
Twisterdodger

Having built my Marklin system with C-track and CS3 control and thoroughly enjoying it, I am considering adding a specific Roco Railjet HO AC loco with sound. My concerns are obvious: will my CS3 recognize the Roco brand, will it control it just like my Marklin locos including ALL the functions, lights and sounds? I've not had experience with using other brands before so I am in search of other's knowledge. Will the two competing locos play well together being run at the same time?
Inquiring minds want to know! Thanks for any answers and suggestions.
George
Offline fusionfaded  
#2 Posted : 31 August 2018 23:39:30(UTC)
fusionfaded

Switzerland   
Most Roco locomotives aren't equipped with mfx-capable decoders, so your cs3 won't automatically recognize it. You'll have to add it manually by it's dcc address. You'd also need to change the function icons manually. But once they're set up, any dcc locomotive should work with the cs3, including all functions, lights and sounds. Using dcc and mfx together at the same time shouldn't be an issue. I've never had any issues with my 3 Roco locos running at the same time as a mfx loco.
The only issues between manufacturers are usually the couplers, but that probably is not a big deal for a Railjet.
Offline mike c  
#3 Posted : 03 September 2018 01:31:39(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Most modern Roco AC Loks are delivered with Zimo MM/DCC Decoders. As fusionfaded stated, those decoders do not recognize mfx or mfx+, so you will have to use DCC or MM to control it. By default, most Roco locomotives are factory set to address 03. If you have the whole Railjet consist, it is equipped with current conducting couplers. You can use standard hook couplings or Roco's Universal couplers on the non connected ends.

I have a number of Roco locomotives. Once you save the parameters in your controller, you can select that locomotive and all the functions will be remembered.

Regards

Mike C
Offline Pfalzbahn  
#4 Posted : 22 December 2019 23:59:28(UTC)
Pfalzbahn

United States   
...likewise I have a few ROCO AC locomotives in my collection. How does one change the address 3 (DCC) to a new address? I have several engines with the same address (03).

Thanks,

Pfalzbahn
Offline mike c  
#5 Posted : 23 December 2019 01:13:34(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Most modern Roco digital AC lok addresses can be changed by putting the lok into programming mode (same as current Maerklin models). You then change the value of CV 01 (the address) to whatever address (MM or DCC) you wish. The instruction pamphlet that comes with the locomotives includes a manual for the decoder, including information on how to use it with Motorola (Maerklin).

Regards

Mike C
Offline PeFu  
#6 Posted : 23 December 2019 09:25:57(UTC)
PeFu

Sweden   
Originally Posted by: Pfalzbahn Go to Quoted Post
...likewise I have a few ROCO AC locomotives in my collection. How does one change the address 3 (DCC) to a new address? I have several engines with the same address (03).

Thanks,

Pfalzbahn

I propose you set up a programming track for your CS2, as described in the manual:

https://www.manualslib.c...15746/Marklin-60215.html

(Beware not to click on the wrong links on the site.)

In the manual, there are also some instructions on how to modify loco settings (CV parameters).

Andreasburg-Mattiasberg Bahn is inspired by Swiss railways |Forum Thread |Track Plan |Youtube | C and K track | CS2 | TrainController Gold V10
Offline Goofy  
#7 Posted : 23 December 2019 10:33:03(UTC)
Goofy

When i did added an Brawa loco with DCC it did start have stranger speed limit. The speed limit was not normal but i can drive the loco anyway. Even when i did set decoder correct.
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control