Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline danmarklinman  
#1 Posted : 20 August 2018 22:15:47(UTC)
danmarklinman

United Kingdom   
Hi, anther question for digital please. I really want to buy a digital system for my Marklin digital old as well as new. But I want to buy one locally. Basically to get info on the system first hand and over the counter and go back to them if problems develop?
So a local supplier provides the Uhlenbrock 65100 Intellibox 11. Which excepts older decoders by Marklin and although the info does not say? Excepts MFX I would think 🤔
Does anyone have one? Or can the elaborate please. Marklin cs3 are not sold locally and if there anything like my ms2 I will not bother. I have three, one went wrong? the other keeps crashing and the third is full of locos but does work👍
Marklin and Piko era 4 SNCB , Marklin wagons
Wiking model car Fan
Faller fan including car system
Instagram: marklin1978
Wiking fan
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 20 August 2018 23:26:54(UTC)
H0

Hi!

The Intellibox supports DCC, MM1, MM2, and SX. Since all mfx decoders support at least one of these protocols, they should all work. Older decoder from Märklin H0 locos should also work.
But for some mfx decoders you only can control a subset of the available functions.

There are only 255 MM addresses available - and for some locos you may need four MM addresses to control more functions. This can be a limiting factor if you have many locomotives.

Uhlenbrock announced an add-on for mfx support, but I don't know if it was shipped already and I don't recall seeing any reviews.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline danmarklinman  
#3 Posted : 21 August 2018 07:57:37(UTC)
danmarklinman

United Kingdom   
That’s great thanks for the info. It’s very much appreciated👍
Is it the older MFX decoders were you only get some of your functions or the new ones?
Also has there been much in the German model press about cs3 reliability. Thanks Dan
Marklin and Piko era 4 SNCB , Marklin wagons
Wiking model car Fan
Faller fan including car system
Instagram: marklin1978
Wiking fan
Offline Goofy  
#4 Posted : 25 August 2018 10:18:21(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Hi!

The Intellibox supports DCC, MM1, MM2, and SX. Since all mfx decoders support at least one of these protocols, they should all work. Older decoder from Märklin H0 locos should also work.
But for some mfx decoders you only can control a subset of the available functions.

There are only 255 MM addresses available - and for some locos you may need four MM addresses to control more functions. This can be a limiting factor if you have many locomotives.

Uhlenbrock announced an add-on for mfx support, but I don't know if it was shipped already and I don't recall seeing any reviews.

The latest version of the manual was 2015 and it stand MM with 80 addresses and 14 speed steps while mfx 255 addresses and 14 speed steps.
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline H0  
#5 Posted : 25 August 2018 20:31:10(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: Goofy Go to Quoted Post
The latest version of the manual was 2015 and it stand MM with 80 addresses and 14 speed steps while mfx 255 addresses and 14 speed steps.
So the manual is bad and inaccurate. And your quote is, too.
They refer to decoders - and decoders with 8 DIP switches are usually limited to 80 addresses. The MM protocol supports 255 addresses - and the protocol does not know or care whether there are DIP switches on the decoder.

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Purellum  
#6 Posted : 25 August 2018 21:55:44(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

I don't know if it was shipped already and I don't recall seeing any reviews.

Try to press the "shop" button:

https://www.uhlenbrock.d...ewitems/i005ab42-001.htm

Per.

Cool

If you can dream it, you can do it!

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide.

In case this is not legally possible:
I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Purellum
Offline Goofy  
#7 Posted : 26 August 2018 10:33:37(UTC)
Goofy

So the manual is bad and inaccurate. And your quote is, too.
They refer to decoders - and decoders with 8 DIP switches are usually limited to 80 addresses. The MM protocol supports 255 addresses - and the protocol does not know or care whether there are DIP switches on the decoder.

Uhlenbrock did referred what it stand in the manual.
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline Purellum  
#8 Posted : 26 August 2018 19:10:53(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

Uhlenbrock did referred what it stand in the manual.

Goofy, you don't understand what is written in the manual.

You are mixing the Intellibox's capabilities and the protocols' capabilities with the decoders' capabilities.

Per.

Cool

If you can dream it, you can do it!

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide.

In case this is not legally possible:
I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

UserPostedImage