Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Michael4  
#1 Posted : 11 August 2018 10:14:33(UTC)
Michael4

United Kingdom   
I have a Mac and believe I am restricted to Railmodeller Pro when it comes to planning software for M track, it works fine for me but...

I don't know if any softwares available 'propose solutions' for M track rather than let you work it out for yourself. I suspect not, the market is surely too small for the expense of such programming.

It took me hours to work out the solution below and it fortunately came out much more compact than I feared. Is there an old Marklin publication that would have helped me? Maybe even one that has been scanned and can be found on the internet? Something that deals in detail and not overall track plans.

UserPostedImageScreen Shot 2018-08-10 at 23.26.26 by dralowid, on Flickr

I'm not saying that I don't like planning track, just that I imagine thousands have done it before me and that knowledge must be somewhere!

thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Michael4
Offline Markus Schild  
#2 Posted : 13 August 2018 07:54:36(UTC)
Markus Schild

Germany   
Hi Michael,

But you plan is great.

No, I don't know a software solution for your problem. I also don't know any further publications than the known track-plan books. But before everybody had a computer, Märklin offered the "track planning game" 0230. This helped me often to solve tricky problems.

Regards

Markus
Offline Michael4  
#3 Posted : 14 August 2018 00:04:25(UTC)
Michael4

United Kingdom   
Marcus thanks,

A second year back with the hobby and it is time to modify the layout...those of us with big ambitions and little space need to make use of every inch!
Offline GlennM  
#4 Posted : 14 August 2018 17:53:52(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
Michael,

As an aside if you have an Intel chip MAC you can use Boot Camp, VW Fusion or Parallels to run all your favorite PC programs.

Personally I used to use VW Fusion but this year changed to Parallels and I love it, it works almost seamlessly in a separate window accessible via the dock and can now run both my MAC and PC apps at the same time and cut and paste between the two ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp
Don't look back, your not heading that way.
Offline sjbartels  
#5 Posted : 15 August 2018 02:50:48(UTC)
sjbartels

United States   
Originally Posted by: Michael4 Go to Quoted Post
I have a Mac and believe I am restricted to Railmodeller Pro when it comes to planning software for M track, it works fine for me but...

I don't know if any softwares available 'propose solutions' for M track rather than let you work it out for yourself. I suspect not, the market is surely too small for the expense of such programming.

It took me hours to work out the solution below and it fortunately came out much more compact than I feared. Is there an old Marklin publication that would have helped me? Maybe even one that has been scanned and can be found on the internet? Something that deals in detail and not overall track plans.

I'm not saying that I don't like planning track, just that I imagine thousands have done it before me and that knowledge must be somewhere!

I like this plan personally Michael
American by Geography, Australian by Birth. I am an original Ameristraylian
Offline Michael4  
#6 Posted : 15 August 2018 16:14:21(UTC)
Michael4

United Kingdom   
Thanks, I am happy with it too!. I just felt that I was taking quite a lot of time re-inventing something that must have been done before.