Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline danmarklinman  
#1 Posted : 27 June 2018 16:23:12(UTC)
danmarklinman

United Kingdom   
Hi to the forum. Whilst enjoying the sun, I had a thought of adding the automatic/remote uncouplers, to one of my locos. I know Marklin have developed I think a third generation coupler. Which will not be available as a part for the moment. But will the large box type still be a available and what is the product code please. Many thanks Dan
Marklin and Piko era 4 SNCB , Marklin wagons
Wiking model car Fan
Faller fan including car system
Instagram: marklin1978
Wiking fan
Offline river6109  
#2 Posted : 28 June 2018 03:03:25(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Dan,

Google is always a good start to search for items, the item number you're after is E 117993, the latest uncoupler number is not available

John

there is a video:

https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by river6109
Offline xxup  
#3 Posted : 28 June 2018 06:47:35(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
The reason why the latest coupler is not available is because it requires a special or, at least, the latest generation Marklin decoder. This decoder, apparently, is only available on the Insider Crocodile. Here is the full blurb that came from Marklin via our local dealer.

Quote:
Exclusively for the two insider-models 39567/T22967, a new generation of a TELEX coupling has been developed. To operate this new TELEX coupling, a new decoder generation was also necessary to be designed. Please note the following two points:

1. An operation of this coupling is only possible with this special decoder generation. This means, that no other decoder can be used in these items. Attention: Other decoders can be destroyed by this coupling. Therefore, do not conduct your own experiments here!

2. Because of this reason the new TELEX coupling will firstly not be offered as a spare part. Should there be any damage to a TELEX coupling on these models, the customer or you as his dealer are welcome to contact our repair service. They will repair it then for you.
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by xxup
Offline Jabez  
#4 Posted : 29 June 2018 22:14:20(UTC)
Jabez

Belgium   
John,thanks for the video.
I did not realize that the prototype Crocodile was made by Oerlikon of the small rapid fire cannon fame.
Jabez
I heard that lonesome whistle blow. Hank Williams
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Jabez
Offline Minok  
#5 Posted : 12 August 2018 20:30:49(UTC)
Minok

United States   
The Fulda club posted it a review if the crocidile and it shows the updated telex couplers in operation. Quite cool to see then up close and operating. It will be interesting to follow over time how reliable these telex couplers are at keeping a load attached ans decoupling reliably. That is of interest to me to model prototypical loco changes at head stations in the 70's and 80's. While it will be years of ever that this updated telex would be a retrofit kit with special decoupler circuit board (or require Decoder change) I'm curious and hopeful.

IMG_1786.JPG

Telex operations at 3:10-3:30

Edited by user 13 August 2018 16:20:35(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Toys of tin and wood rule!
---
My Layout Thread on marklin-users.net: InterCity 1-3-4
My YouTube Channel:
https://youtube.com/@intercity134
Offline kiwiAlan  
#6 Posted : 13 August 2018 14:19:45(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Minok Go to Quoted Post
The Fulda club posted it a review if the crocidile and it shows the updated telex couplers in operation. Quite cool to see then up close and operating. It will be interesting to follow over time how reliable these telex couplers are at keeping a load attached ans decoupling reliably. That is of interest to me to model prototypical loco changes at head stations in the 70's and 80's. While it will be years of ever that this updated telex would be a retrofit kit with special decoupler circuit board (or require Decoder change) I'm curious and hopeful.

Grief, I don't know about their track. The pickup shoe seems to be moving all over the shop in the side views around the 10-11 minute mark.

Offline Minok  
#7 Posted : 13 August 2018 16:17:48(UTC)
Minok

United States   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post

Grief, I don't know about their track. The pickup shoe seems to be moving all over the shop in the side views around the 10-11 minute mark.

I think that track is a circle on a motorized rotating platform so they can control the rotation to keep the loco fixed relative to a camera or slowly run past a camera.

One aspect of loco they pointed out is that the end axle from each wheelset is free floating and due to the Märklin made connecting rods the wheels wobble which causes the loco wobble a bit. Maybe that's the issue you were seeing.
Toys of tin and wood rule!
---
My Layout Thread on marklin-users.net: InterCity 1-3-4
My YouTube Channel:
https://youtube.com/@intercity134