Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline kiwiAlan  
#1 Posted : 03 May 2018 18:57:23(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Amazing what you find in attics ...

The folk who own the flat where are staying for a handful of days have some Marklin and other bits they wish to dispose of. The children and grandchildren apparently show no interest.

There are some items that I think should fetch a little money, the others I would regard as mostly also-ran items.

First up a set of three coaches. These are in good condition, with some minor scratches, one has minor abrasions on the roof as well, but otherwise they seem good. Replacement wheels are required (for some reason they have all lost some wheels) and the wheels that are available have typical corrosion. I don't know enough about the catalogue numbers to identify them, and don't have a Kolls with me anyway. They have all been kept in a house, and appear to have been kept in dry conditions.

20180503_170836.jpg

20180503_170859.jpg

The next item is a Pwg which seems to be in exceptional condition for its age.

20180503_170924.jpg
20180503_170917.jpg

Next up is a 3016 and a pair of 4016 trailers. These appear to be in acceptable condition for their age, with pickup shoes showing expected wear.

20180503_170943.jpg

Then some goods wagons. The two vans are Roco, the others are Marklin. The transfer on the Braunkohl wagon is in expected condition for a wagon of this age.

20180503_171057.jpg

Then there are some flat wagons ... these are in a sorry state of repair, new wheels needed all round ...

20180503_171133.jpg

And some Roco Thunderboxes ...

20180503_171203.jpg

Along with this is a 10VA transformer, a quantity of M track, including a pair of (I think Primex) points, a couple of signals (again one appears to be Primex) and a number of 7072 type boxes (one is clearly labelled for a crane, but I haven't seen the crane).
Having repacked them I find the following: -
19x 5106 length straights.
5x 5120 industrial curves.
3x 5100 curves + 1 5100 size contact track (with the cut rail, not the slider activated switch).
2x 5107 half straights, 1x 5129 short straight, 1x 5129 length straight that used to be a buffer stop, missing the buffer (! but there are several suitable buffers in the box of misc bits), 2x 5109 short straight, and 1x very short straight (2 studs long, but not the 5120 point make up piece) and 1x 5102 short curve.

20180503_175850.jpg

In addition to this are some Faller and Kibri buildings. The station is a Faller "Lenzkirch", the small engine shed is Kibri, the large one indeterminate. The church is Faller and has a chime in it. Various small houses, a couple of signal boxes, a piece of city wall, and some Faller platform pieces, the straight portions of which look like they may have had a roof of some sort (no manufacturer or catalogue number on them). The wide piece and the curved piece both have Faller, and curved piece has slots that would mate to the narrow straight ones, so I beleive they are Faller as well.

20180503_184922.jpg

My thought is to offer around Euro 100 to 120 for the lot. Does this seem a fair price?
Offline utkan  
#2 Posted : 03 May 2018 19:35:52(UTC)
utkan

Turkey   
Well, if these were yours, and supposedly have been offered, would you be happy with the amount you are thinking?
RollEyes
Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you...
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by utkan
Offline David Dewar  
#3 Posted : 03 May 2018 20:49:30(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
What is a worry is that the kids don't want them.

Price is probably OK but would cost a bit in postage if going overseas.
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#4 Posted : 04 May 2018 08:33:16(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: David Dewar Go to Quoted Post
What is a worry is that the kids don't want them.

Price is probably OK but would cost a bit in postage if going overseas.

Well, in this case it will be a case of put it in the car to take it back to the UK.

Offline kiwiAlan  
#5 Posted : 04 May 2018 08:40:28(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: utkan Go to Quoted Post
Well, if these were yours, and supposedly have been offered, would you be happy with the amount you are thinking?
RollEyes

I think i would be, I'm just trying to make sure I am offering a fair price for some items which are is basically good condition, but which I am not familiar with, so wanting to make sure I am not attempting to get some rare items on the cheap (much as it would be nice to do so).

The owner is keeping a 3029 loco for sentimental reasons, and there are no other locos with the items. It is evident that when it was all an operational layout there was quite a bit more, like the crane, the track combination doesn't make sense for building a layout, There was probably at least one more loco, and so on.
Offline analogmike  
#6 Posted : 04 May 2018 12:03:45(UTC)
analogmike

United States   
100 sounds like a fair price. Especially if you think the attic may be hiding a few more pieces they will give you a call first.
I think the wheels for the coaches are in those flat cars.
The 2nd class cars are Marklin 4037.
The 1st class (with yellow stripe) cars are Primex 4192.
They may all be Primex. If I am wrong, perhaps another forum member could shed some light on the mystery.
Mikey
I love the smell of smoke fluid in the morning .
Offline kiwiAlan  
#7 Posted : 04 May 2018 18:39:16(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: analogmike Go to Quoted Post
100 sounds like a fair price. Especially if you think the attic may be hiding a few more pieces they will give you a call first.
I think the wheels for the coaches are in those flat cars.
The 2nd class cars are Marklin 4037.
The 1st class (with yellow stripe) cars are Primex 4192.
They may all be Primex. If I am wrong, perhaps another forum member could shed some light on the mystery.
Mikey

Ah, OK, thanks Mike for the catalogue number pointers. There are other Primex items so all the express coaches could well be Primex.

The wheels are for all the items missing wheels, I don't know what the cause of the wheels coming off is, but more than the coaches are missing them.

There are no other items in the attic, this is everything. An offer of 120 Euro has been accepted.

Offline mrmarklin  
#8 Posted : 04 May 2018 19:45:31(UTC)
mrmarklin

United States   
EUR 100 is more than fair given condition.
From the People's Republik of Kalifornia
Offline kiwiAlan  
#9 Posted : 03 June 2018 21:13:59(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Well, I have finally unpacked the items I brought home, pushed on by a desire to bring at least some of the items to Ians Open House in a couple of weeks.

I have confirmed the three bogie coaches are Primex ones, the road numbers match those given in Kolls. I have managed to complete the wheels on it (it was missing some and there were a heap of loose wheels in the box and I think I found all the correct ones). I have gone digging in my stock of locos and have dug out the Primex 33005 to pull them, it came with a Delta model factory fitted, so will run on the CS2 fine. I'll just need to give it a check over before running, as I have never had it on the track.

I'll bring most of the rolling stock I think, as in the process of replacing the wheels on the coaches, I also sorted out the wheels missing from the flat wagons, so they will be fit to run as well. I'll have to think of a suitable loco to haul goods stock, could yet be a crocodile as I have some SBB wagons I want to run as well.

Offline David Dewar  
#10 Posted : 03 June 2018 23:29:43(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Looks like a good buy Alan. The buildings alone are probably worth the cash if you can use them.
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#11 Posted : 03 June 2018 23:38:18(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: David Dewar Go to Quoted Post
Looks like a good buy Alan. The buildings alone are probably worth the cash if you can use them.

Yes, I am quite pleased with the buildings, despite their age and storage conditions they are in good nick. I really like the station, it is a nice large country station, so many of the large stations you get are main city ones, but this one is definitely a country station. The other buildings are a mixed bag, there are two engine sheds, a couple of signal boxes, a handful of houses, a church with a chime in it, and a city gate with a bit of wall each side.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan