Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline TrainIride  
#1 Posted : 13 April 2018 13:54:12(UTC)
TrainIride

France   
Hello friends,

I was surprised in a menu of the Black MS2 to see these options:

• Write Loco Card

• Free Loco

• Reset Loco

• Remove Loco

I don't understand the difference between:
Free Loco and Remove Loco ???? Blink

If someone has a clear answer ....

Best Regards
Joël

Marklin60657a.jpg

Marklin60657b.jpg

Marklin60657c.jpg
Offline RayF  
#2 Posted : 13 April 2018 14:42:25(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
"Remove loco" deletes the loco from the loco list in the MS2. Next time you place that loco on the track you will need to add it again if it is not mfx. If it is mfx it will register itself.

"Free loco" I'm not so familiar with, but I believe it frees the slot on the 10 available slots you can access directly, but keeps the loco in the MS2's loco list. The use that loco again you need to either use the "Find loco" option or "add from loco list".

Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by RayF
Offline TrainIride  
#3 Posted : 13 April 2018 14:52:56(UTC)
TrainIride

France   
Originally Posted by: RayF Go to Quoted Post
"Remove loco" deletes the loco from the loco list in the MS2. Next time you place that loco on the track you will need to add it again if it is not mfx. If it is mfx it will register itself.

"Free loco" I'm not so familiar with, but I believe it frees the slot on the 10 available slots you can access directly, but keeps the loco in the MS2's loco list. The use that loco again you need to either use the "Find loco" option or "add from loco list".

Thank you Ray !
So if I understand, "Free" only will show an unused slot but will keep the loco parameters - even CV alterations - somewhere in the MS2 memory,
and then configuration will be retrieved the next time the same loco will be added.
And "Remove" will show an unused slot but will erase the loco parameters - even CV alterations - somewhere in the MS2 memory, but keep the database safe...

Am I correct ?

Best Regards
Joël
Offline RayF  
#4 Posted : 13 April 2018 15:19:41(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Originally Posted by: TrainIride Go to Quoted Post

Thank you Ray !
So if I understand, "Free" only will show an unused slot but will keep the loco parameters - even CV alterations - somewhere in the MS2 memory,
and then configuration will be retrieved the next time the same loco will be added.
And "Remove" will show an unused slot but will erase the loco parameters - even CV alterations - somewhere in the MS2 memory, but keep the database safe...

Am I correct ?

Best Regards
Joël

CV alterations are stored in the decoder, so you won't lose those when you delete the loco.

You need to understand that the MS2 can store 40 locos in its loco list, but it can only display 10 (+1) on the display and only these will be available for control. "Free loco" keeps the loco in the list as one of the 40 but not one of the 10 you can control. "Remove" loco deletes it from both lists.
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by RayF
Offline TrainIride  
#5 Posted : 13 April 2018 15:22:19(UTC)
TrainIride

France   

CV alterations are stored in the decoder, so you won't lose those when you delete the loco.

You need to understand that the MS2 can store 40 locos in its loco list, but it can only display 10 (+1) on the display and only these will be available for control. "Free loco" keeps the loco in the list as one of the 40 but not one of the 10 you can control. "Remove" loco deletes it from both lists.

Thank you so much Ray ThumpUp ThumpUp

Best Regards
Joël
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by TrainIride