Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Vipe  
#1 Posted : 31 March 2018 20:57:19(UTC)
Vipe

Chile   
Hello everyone. I'm new in this forum; I greet you from Santiago de Chile.

I hope this is the right place for my query; If it is not, please excuse me. Also, excuse my bad English.

I'm doing tests to digitally control the turnout in the model I'm designing. To do the tests, I have assembled an installation composed of:

- Tracks and turnout K 22716;
- Central Station 3 Plus 60216;
- Decoder m83 60832;
- Accessory Turnout Control for m83 60821;
- Electric Turnout Mechanism 75491.

When I assemble the system without using the 60821 controls, everything works correctly. I can control the turnout from the CS3 Plus perfectly, although the movement is very abrupt: it is a jump from one side to the other. This is the diagram:

Diagram without 60821

But my wish is that the needles of the turnout move more slowly, as in reality. For that it is supposed to be the controls 60821. But when adding the controls 60821 to the decoder m83 60832, a first problem appears: there are only 2 connectors for the 3 motor wire 75491. And a second difficulty is that I have not managed to know in which part of the CS3 the speed of the movement of the controls 60821 is controlled. This is the diagram of what I have mounted:

Diagram with 60821

Detail

Test Layout

So, my questions are: I have done something wrong? Is any component missing? Is it possible to smoothly control the movement of the turnout needles with the 75491 motors using the 60821 control? Someone has told me that the 60821 have been manufactured by Marklin to be used with engines from other manufacturers. Is it like that? If so, is there another Marklin turnout motor for K track that is compliant with the 60821 controls?

The truth is that Marklin's manuals are very poor and often confusing. What is added to my limited knowledge of electronics. I appreciate your possible answers and help in this problem.

Best regards.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Vipe
H0
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 31 March 2018 22:52:36(UTC)
H0

Hi!

The 60821 is not for use with the 75491, it is for use with Tortoise turnout motors and such.
No chance to slow the 75491 down.

Originally Posted by: Vipe Go to Quoted Post
The truth is that Marklin's manuals are very poor and often confusing.
Manuals? In most cases small pamphlets of instructions - one for the controller, one for the power supply, one for the turnout motor, one for the decoder, one for the motor driver, one for ...
It can be difficult to get an overview.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline Vipe  
#3 Posted : 31 March 2018 23:14:53(UTC)
Vipe

Chile   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Hi!

The 60821 is not for use with the 75491, it is for use with Tortoise turnout motors and such.
No chance to slow the 75491 down.

Hello!.

Well, I was already suspecting that the 60821 controls were not compatible with the 75491 engine, but I was looking for confirmation.

Thank you very much!!

Originally Posted by: Vipe Go to Quoted Post
The truth is that Marklin's manuals are very poor and often confusing.
Manuals? In most cases small pamphlets of instructions - one for the controller, one for the power supply, one for the turnout motor, one for the decoder, one for the motor driver, one for ...
It can be difficult to get an overview.

It's true, you're right. They are just brochures with some basic instructions. Marklin is wrong in that.

Thank you very much for your answer, H0. You have helped answer a question.

Best regards!
Offline Vipe  
#4 Posted : 31 March 2018 23:39:22(UTC)
Vipe

Chile   

The Tortoise 800-6000 ... is it fully compatible with the 60821 and the m83 60832 decoder?

On the other hand, do you know how to program the 60821 in the CS3 +? How to program the movement of the turnout?

Thank you.