Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline sjbartels  
#1 Posted : 27 March 2018 04:06:48(UTC)
sjbartels

United States   
I'd never even heard of this brand until a few days ago when I came across one of their tank cars. I liked the livery and so thought I'd grab it and see what I thought. Long story short and after some chatting with some friends and receiving it today, I was quite impressed. To that end, I went ahead and found a few more pieces that I decided to buy. Now that being said, I'd like to start identifying a few that don't have their original labelling, so does anyone have any suggestions on where I might start looking? Any advice/suggestions appreciated.
American by Geography, Australian by Birth. I am an original Ameristraylian
Offline mike c  
#2 Posted : 27 March 2018 05:55:55(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Roewa (Roechling/Willy Ade) was a small German brand. They initially started out manufacturing models for Trix. The company was started by Willy Ade (WIAD/Ade Modell). They stopped production for Trix in the late 1960s and started manufacturing their own models.
The brand disappeared around 1975, but many of their molds were acquired by Roco Modellspielwaren, which released them under their brand.
Willy Ade went on to form Ade Modelleisenbahn.

Your best bet to locate models of the Roewa brand would be to search on ebay.de. It might be helpful to locate a catalog so that you have some kind of list with reference numbers to go by.
This site has one from the early 1970s: http://www.rfl.rnolde.de...wa_Katalog_1970_1971.pdf

Good hunting

Regards

Mike C
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by mike c
Offline sjbartels  
#3 Posted : 27 March 2018 16:13:29(UTC)
sjbartels

United States   
Yes, found all that out in my initial hunting, even have one of their catalogues now which has been extremely useful in determining model numbers, and giving a desire for even more of their product!

Thumbing through their catalogue I have seen some tank car liveries that I've not seen on other brands which makes them a lot more desirable as an addition, given my weakness for tank cars
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by sjbartels
Offline 1borna  
#4 Posted : 03 April 2018 21:41:27(UTC)
1borna

Croatia   
Willy Ade was a genius who made many innovations in our hobby, Look at his little way through some famous companies and your own ..
After the war development of drawings and construction of architectural models for the companies Kibri and Vollmer
1948 Development and patenting of movable shutters for model houses
Construction of a model of the new Rheinkais in Mannheim with the Krupp-Ardelt cranes there, the
1955 after the establishment of the company WIAD = Willi Ade were built there in series
1959 Foundation of the company RÖWA = RÖCHLING + Willi ADE (Röchling a steel company)
1968 RÖWA goes public (until then they had designed and produced for Trix)
1975 bankruptcy of the RÖWA, caused by the majority shareholder, the company ROKAL (bathroom fittings, SOLEX carburettor, etc.)
1976 Foundation of ADE-Modelleisenbahnen GmbH
1994 Dissolution of the ADE model railways GmbH for illness and age reasons
1998 Foundation of ADE Eisenbahn-Modellbau GmbH & Co. KG in Daun / Eifel
1999 bankruptcy of the ADE railway model construction, even before one had begun with the production!
2002 Resumption of small-scale production. Since an important basic form only had to be redone, it took more than a year until the already announced in 1990 half-appetizer ARMH 216 (cockatoo) could finally be delivered. This happened pretty much at the same time as the 80th (eightieth !!!) birthday of Willi Ade in November 2003 - certainly his best birthday present.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
thanks 8 users liked this useful post by 1borna
Offline sjbartels  
#5 Posted : 04 April 2018 00:09:20(UTC)
sjbartels

United States   
That’s some nice information! Thanks for sharing it! I’ve since gone on a slight Rowa (for want of a better term) binge. At any rate, I’ve been quite impressed by the quality, it’s a shame they couldn’t continue as a stand alone brand, I’m sure they would have added a lot of innovation