Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Bryan  
#1 Posted : 11 March 2018 20:39:09(UTC)
Bryan

Australia   
Dear All
I have just recently converted a 3496 mallet using a Marklin 60760 digital conversion kit. The loco came without any reverse unit (originallyDelta) and so used the kit to fix it. The lamp holders on this loco have either the grey/orange or yellow/orange supply wires so the chassis is not used for their supply. These wires match up with the decoder wires exactly. The loco runs well using a Central Station 2 with latest software. The problem is the lights do not work. They are the later higher voltage lamps for digital. On analogue with a late White Marklin analogue controller the lamps do work fine. Any suggestions to get the lamps to work. Could it be the 60760 decoder. Would it be wise to get decoder programmer to look at the CVs.
Thanks.
Bryan
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 11 March 2018 20:53:49(UTC)
H0

Hi, Bryan!
Originally Posted by: Bryan Go to Quoted Post
Would it be wise to get decoder programmer to look at the CVs.
The decoder has no CVs beyond 1 through 5. Nothing a decoder programmer can do.

The lights should work when wired correctly and when F0 is activated.

They are the later higher voltage lamps for digital.
According to the spare part list, the 3496 originally came with the low voltage lamps E610040. They should work with digital, but may burn out early - and in the worst case damage the light channel.
All is fine if your loco already has the higher voltage lamps E610080 with the red dot.

Are there diodes connected to the lamps?
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Bryan  
#3 Posted : 12 March 2018 12:56:47(UTC)
Bryan

Australia   
CS 6070 fault 2.pdf (182kb) downloaded 34 time(s).

Dear Tom

Thank you for your reply.
I have the later high voltage Marklin globes E610080.
I have attached a multimeter to the grey/orange and yellow/orange and get no voltage with whatever I do on the CS.
The lamps work in analogue, there are no diodes in the lamp circuits.
I do not seem to get a light icon on the CS. All I get is a F 0 8 icon for the loco which is a new toggle icon with the latest software update.
I have attached a photo of the CS screen, disregard the BR44 icon, I used this loco and changed to address 78 to get the 3496 running. This was in the instructions of the 60760 kit.

Should there be a light icon on the CS screen. Should I try another loco which only has a light function and change it to the 60760 address 78. For example a 30000 loco in the CS database and use this.

Regards
Bryan
Offline H0  
#4 Posted : 12 March 2018 13:13:15(UTC)
H0

Should there be a light icon on the CS screen.
Lights are off by default and without an icon you cannot turn them on.

Should I try another loco which only has a light function and change it to the 60760 address 78. For example a 30000 loco in the CS database and use this.
That is one option.
You could just open the configuration screen for the loco you have (wrench button), tap the F0 button, and select an icon for it.

A button without symbol does nothing. If there is a symbol then pressing the button will notify the decoder.
And since the lights work in analogue operation, this should be the solution.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Bryan  
#5 Posted : 12 March 2018 13:30:01(UTC)
Bryan

Australia   
Dear Tom
Thank you for your help. I have just left home for the day so will try again when I get home.
Regards
Bryan