Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Donb  
#1 Posted : 01 March 2018 22:41:45(UTC)
Donb

Canada   
HI All,

I am considering the Viessmann Commander 5300 controller, and am wondering if anyone else out there has one?
I have read the Quick Guide , the Reference Manual (not light reading! ) , and the notes that are included with the updates.
It appears to be a pretty nice controller, with extensive programming detail for automatic running. Of course, being older (2007?) it does not compare with the slick display of the CS3, however as I am finding on here, newer ( more expensive) is not necessarily better!

What i am concerned about is the support for Mfx. I have quite a few Mfx locos, so if there are issues with running Mfx locos on this controller, I'd like to know now.

As per the notes with update 1.4, I am familiar with the 16 locomotive function limit, and the fact that one must program the Mfx locos on the prog track. But this is no problem. I am also aware that data like names and function icons have to be manually edited too.

i don't see many references to this controller (5300) on this site, so maybe that's a hint!

BTW, does anyone have release date info for the Commander 2?

Cheers,

Don
Best Regards,
Don
___________________________________________________________________________________
CS3, ( Commander is now retired) , C track and Z scale, mostly DB/DR and SBB, SJ
Offline Donb  
#2 Posted : 02 March 2018 05:20:15(UTC)
Donb

Canada   
I located the Viessmann forum so I got my information there.
Sorry for posting here!

Don
Best Regards,
Don
___________________________________________________________________________________
CS3, ( Commander is now retired) , C track and Z scale, mostly DB/DR and SBB, SJ
Offline MaerklinLife  
#3 Posted : 02 March 2018 06:31:46(UTC)
MaerklinLife

The Commander 2 should be released this year.

To be honest, I would never consider the Viessmann Commander 1. It is older than most other controllers of the similar kind, and the user base is much smaller compared to the CS, the ECoS and the Z21. I think you should consider what drives you towards the Commander and take a look at other more popular options. Just to make sure that you do not waste your money.

The Commander 2 might be a good option, I don't know as I have only seen the demo product.
Offline Donb  
#4 Posted : 04 March 2018 22:26:26(UTC)
Donb

Canada   
Good advice.
However I find the PC based ‘SAP’ like programming interface quite compelling.
I am glad for choices!

Cheers,
Best Regards,
Don