Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Lawrie  
#1 Posted : 26 February 2018 09:46:43(UTC)
Lawrie

United Kingdom   
Hi,
I would like to use a Marklin engine on a Rokuhan layout and controller. Googling the possibilities has highlighted issues and possible solutions.
The majority of info is either old or based on American cars but seems to be based around Marklin engines drawing too much power and tripping the Rokuhan controllers

I have yet to buy anything yet so wondered if this was still an issue with new engines or could anyone recommend where to look or engine to go for.
Thanks
Edit
Just looked further and seen that the new Rokuhan roc-03 controller has a higher 900mA setting that should not trip.
Appreciate any thoughts.
Offline marklin81  
#2 Posted : 27 February 2018 22:13:11(UTC)
marklin81

United States   
I use a Rokuhan RC02 controller and have not experienced any tripping with my Marklin locomotives. All are 5-pole motors: model numbers = 88999, 88910, and the BR50 locomotive in set 81864.

Of note, I replaced all of the Marklin turnouts in the 81864 set with Rokuhan equivalents. For reasons that were beyond my ability to correct, my Marklin locomotives tended to bottom out and stop when traveling over the Marklin turnouts and the double slip switch.

If I could do things again, I'd stick with Marklin locomotives but use Rokuhan controller & track as you plan to do. Good luck!
Offline Lawrie  
#3 Posted : 28 February 2018 04:03:47(UTC)
Lawrie

United Kingdom   
That is good to hear, thanks.
When I was looking for info I also found the same problems with Marklin turnouts with other users that you had.
Cheers👍
Lawrie