Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Tex  
#1 Posted : 25 February 2018 21:28:32(UTC)
Tex

United States   

I have just received my Marklin 43204 four car express passenger car set and am very happy with it. I hooked it up with a Marklin 3675 V 160 diesel for its test run . The train ran smoothly over my less than ideal M track layout with many R 1 curves . The cars are close coupled on straight track and open up just enough for the curves. The couplers are a great improvement over those in my older passenger cars and the detailing is excellent with sharp printing , especially the two red DSG sleeping cars. The lighting is brightest in the coaches and dimmer in the sleeping cars as would be expected. The only improvement would be to have a means to turn off the lighting. Also the lighting shows that the coach has no seats or passengers. Another thing I am happy about is the fact that I as an outsider was able to buy it from Germany by way of e bay at a price much less than the insider price. Tex BigGrin
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Tex
Offline Thewolf  
#2 Posted : 25 February 2018 22:29:36(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   
Originally Posted by: Tex Go to Quoted Post

I have just received my Marklin 43204 four car express passenger car set and am very happy with it. The only improvement would be to have a means to turn off the lighting. Tex BigGrin

Hi Tex...I have the same set.

I had a decoder installed inside a coach to switch off/on the LEDs.

Thewolf

Project The Richelieu Valley Railway-CS2-Track C- Itrain-Digital
Offline H0  
#3 Posted : 01 March 2018 15:10:44(UTC)
H0

Hi!
The only improvement would be to have a means to turn off the lighting.
For that purpose Märklin offered the sleeping coach 43252 with a built-in decoder. That's the out-of-the-box alternative for a DIY decoder installation.

Another thing I am happy about is the fact that I as an outsider was able to buy it from Germany by way of e bay at a price much less than the insider price.
This set is an outsider model and I assume that both insiders and outsiders can get it for the same price. Wink
Prices for outsider models are subject to negotiations between customer and dealer.
Prices for insider models are subject to negotiations between customer and dealer. Neither outsiders nor insiders are required to pay the full list price. LOL

With luck and endurance you can make some bargains on eBay.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Tex  
#4 Posted : 01 March 2018 21:25:24(UTC)
Tex

United States   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Hi!
The only improvement would be to have a means to turn off the lighting.
For that purpose Märklin offered the sleeping coach 43252 with a built-in decoder. That's the out-of-the-box alternative for a DIY decoder installation.

Another thing I am happy about is the fact that I as an outsider was able to buy it from Germany by way of e bay at a price much less than the insider price.
This set is an outsider model and I assume that both insiders and outsiders can get it for the same price. Wink
Prices for outsider models are subject to negotiations between customer and dealer.
Prices for insider models are subject to negotiations between customer and dealer. Neither outsiders nor insiders are required to pay the full list price. LOL

With luck and endurance you can make some bargains on eBay.

Tom,

Sounds good, however, I can not find item 43252 offered by any M dealers and is not shown in listings of new releases from M. Do you know where I can order one ?

Tex
Offline H0  
#5 Posted : 01 March 2018 21:44:21(UTC)
H0

Sounds good, however, I can not find item 43252 offered by any M dealers and is not shown in listings of new releases from M. Do you know where I can order one?
It is a 2013 outsider model, like the set you already have.
Fleabay, patience, endurance, luck ...

There is one on fleabay right now:
https://www.ebay.de/itm/...e2b0d:g:QGUAAOSwlwRakAeD
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Tex  
#6 Posted : 05 March 2018 21:47:28(UTC)
Tex

United States   
Tom

I am high bidder for new 43252 with under two days to go. First time on German ebay . Bidding in euros but wonder if my bid is more valuable because of VAT credit.

Follow up . The 43252 sold for something like 165 USD which is more than I spent for the original four car set and twice what I bid. The high price is likely because of the sound function which I see no need for so the lights will stay on.

Tex

Edited by user 19 March 2018 21:31:03(UTC)  | Reason: follow up

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Tex