Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline jbblunck  
#1 Posted : 15 February 2018 16:54:40(UTC)
jbblunck

United States   
I’m going to assume that some of you out there use an Intellibox for train control. As it’s no longer officially available in the USA, it appears there’s no Uhlenbrock transformer available for our 120V service.

For those of you with an Intellibox in the USA, what power supply are you using? I need to secure one before the IBII I ordered from Germany arrives. I need more info than “16VAC, minimum 54VA”. I’m looking for something I can order here in the USA that has a successful track record with the IBII. I realize that whatever I get isn’t officially sanctioned by the manufacturer. I’m not worried about that. Just need proper power that has been shown to work.

One alternative is to buy the manufacturer transformer and get another box to step up the voltage to 220. If you’re doing that, what step-up device are you using?

BTW, I intend to use the IBII in conjunction with a Mac running iTrain. Fun stuff.

Offline kiwiAlan  
#2 Posted : 15 February 2018 17:23:33(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: jbblunck Go to Quoted Post
I’m going to assume that some of you out there use an Intellibox for train control. As it’s no longer officially available in the USA, it appears there’s no Uhlenbrock transformer available for our 120V service.

For those of you with an Intellibox in the USA, what power supply are you using? I need to secure one before the IBII I ordered from Germany arrives. I need more info than “16VAC, minimum 54VA”. I’m looking for something I can order here in the USA that has a successful track record with the IBII. I realize that whatever I get isn’t officially sanctioned by the manufacturer. I’m not worried about that. Just need proper power that has been shown to work.

One alternative is to buy the manufacturer transformer and get another box to step up the voltage to 220. If you’re doing that, what step-up device are you using?

BTW, I intend to use the IBII in conjunction with a Mac running iTrain. Fun stuff.

I would suggest one of the (now very) old marklin accessory transformers, but I don't know what the catalogue number was. I believe there was a blue plastic version of them before they were phased out with the white controller line.

Offline jbblunck  
#3 Posted : 15 February 2018 21:31:53(UTC)
jbblunck

United States   
The appropriate Marklin transformer would be a model 6001. I'm on the prowl for one...
Offline DaleSchultz  
#4 Posted : 15 February 2018 22:59:11(UTC)
DaleSchultz

United States   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post

I would suggest one of the (now very) old marklin accessory transformers, but I don't know what the catalogue number was. I believe there was a blue plastic version of them before they were phased out with the white controller line.

But those were only 30VA were they not?

Dale
Intellibox + own software, K-Track
My current layout: https://cabin-layout.mixmox.com
Arrival and Departure signs: https://remotesign.mixmox.com
Offline jbblunck  
#5 Posted : 15 February 2018 23:44:33(UTC)
jbblunck

United States   
6001 was 60VA, supplanted by the 60055 which is also 60VA. Found a 60055 on ebay brand new. Woohoo!
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by jbblunck