Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Thewolf  
#1 Posted : 12 February 2018 23:41:57(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   
Hi everyone Cool

A stupid question probably.

I made a contact rail (equivalent to 24995).

Terminal o whose small bridge is broken is connected to the S88

On the layout of the CS2 the yellow icon ( fort the S88) is lit permanently.

Is that normal? I ask the question because the other yellow icons only light up when the contact is activated.

And there's probably a problem because in Itrain the whole block is considered busy and there's nothing on the track.

201802122.jpg

Thank you for your reply

Thewolf
Project The Richelieu Valley Railway-CS2-Track C- Itrain-Digital
Offline PMPeter  
#2 Posted : 13 February 2018 06:15:55(UTC)
PMPeter

Canada   
No that is not normal. Don't forget that if you are trying to make a 24995 you need 2 pieces of track like that and you connect the centre isolated part to the S88. If you only made 1 track you still have a ground connection and the S88 will always be lit yellow.
Offline Thewolf  
#3 Posted : 13 February 2018 08:51:06(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   
Thank you PMPeterCool

I must have forgotten something Fabrice explained to me. And yet he took the time to explain everything to me.

By the way, I think Marklin should make an effort for the explanations given by his diagrams.

An example: diagrams of set 24995

I look at the diagrams and say to myself: ''I put them where the damn 74040???''

24995(8).PNG

I'm going to reread everything Fabrice explained to me.

Thewolf

Edited by user 13 February 2018 16:44:42(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline PMPeter  
#4 Posted : 13 February 2018 15:20:19(UTC)
PMPeter

Canada   
The diagram is correct. Make sure you have the 2 tracks 24995 installed the same way. If you have one reversed it will not work.
Offline PMPeter  
#5 Posted : 13 February 2018 16:04:03(UTC)
PMPeter

Canada   
Another thought. If you are adding track in between your 24995 pieces, you need to cut each piece of track the same way as you did when making your 24995 pieces. If you just add an unmodified track you will immediately restore the ground to both rails and your sensor will be yellow.
Offline Thewolf  
#6 Posted : 13 February 2018 16:49:52(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   
Thank you PMPeter

Yeah... you're right... I confused 74040 with 74030.

Where are those 74030 on the diagram?
Offline Thewolf  
#7 Posted : 13 February 2018 17:04:41(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   
Here's what I wanted to do :

rail coupe(5).jpg

rail coupe (11).jpg

rail coupe (13).jpg

rail coupe(12).jpg

This is a contact rail for wheel detection... this is the contact rail located at the block entrance... another identical one is located at the other end.

The blue wire goes to the S88

These pictures are from 2012

With this friend it works in 2012... in 2018 with me no

Why?

And it's not a problem of electrical current continuity.

I checked the insulated rail. The multimeter does not ring. On the other hand, the front and rear rails, the multimeter. ring

So the bridges are properly cut.

I'm gonna go check what I did and take some pictures.

Thewolf
Offline French_Fabrice  
#8 Posted : 13 February 2018 20:56:34(UTC)
French_Fabrice

France   
Hello Serge,

For me, the insulated 1/2 curve shown in the pictures seems to be OK, provided both "0" bridging tongues below the rail are correctly cut.
In order to be sure the bridging tongues, even when cut, don't touch the remaining metallic piece, gently push them to the back of the rail.

The set of pictures show a 1/2 curve where the outer rail is insulated (74030 are well placed). The blue wire supposed to go to a S88 entry is also OK (connected to the "0" tongue of the insulated rail).

When you have prepared your insulated piece of track, test the electric connectivity with your multimeter between both rails (outer & inner), on this piece of track alone (not connected to other track pieces). You should get NO beep (i.e. no connectivity).
If you don't have a multimeter with beep, then set the multimeter to 200 Ohm.
- NO connectivity should read something like 1 (infinite resistor).
- Connectivity should read a value close to 0 (something like 0.02) which means resistor with value = 0.

If the prepared insulated piece of track is OK, then connect the 74030 as shown on the picture and connect all the tracks together.
Please check visually, when all the tracks are connected, that NO contact exist between the insulated upper rail and the same rail BEFORE and AFTER the insulated track piece. If unfortunately there is contact, then the insulation is lost.

The last possibility that could explain unwanted contact are either:
-Both 74030 insulators are not on the "0" part
-Insulators are on the "0" part but not enough pushed

My 2 cents
Fabrice
Offline Thewolf  
#9 Posted : 13 February 2018 22:02:39(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   
Originally Posted by: French_Fabrice Go to Quoted Post
Hello Serge,

For me, the insulated 1/2 curve shown in the pictures seems to be OK, provided both "0" bridging tongues below the rail are correctly cut.
In order to be sure the bridging tongues, even when cut, don't touch the remaining metallic piece, gently push them to the back of the rail.

The set of pictures show a 1/2 curve where the outer rail is insulated (74030 are well placed). The blue wire supposed to go to a S88 entry is also OK (connected to the "0" tongue of the insulated rail).

When you have prepared your insulated piece of track, test the electric connectivity with your multimeter between both rails (outer & inner), on this piece of track alone (not connected to other track pieces). You should get NO beep (i.e. no connectivity).
If you don't have a multimeter with beep, then set the multimeter to 200 Ohm.
- NO connectivity should read something like 1 (infinite resistor).
- Connectivity should read a value close to 0 (something like 0.02) which means resistor with value = 0.

If the prepared insulated piece of track is OK, then connect the 74030 as shown on the picture and connect all the tracks together.
Please check visually, when all the tracks are connected, that NO contact exist between the insulated upper rail and the same rail BEFORE and AFTER the insulated track piece. If unfortunately there is contact, then the insulation is lost.

The last possibility that could explain unwanted contact are either:
-Both 74030 insulators are not on the "0" part
-Insulators are on the "0" part but not enough pushed

My 2 cents
Fabrice

Hello Fabrice Cool

It is the installation and the photos of Jean-Paul that I found at the end of many researches and that he sent me a long time ago.

The difference between him and me is, as I said, in his case it works, in my case it doesn't work.

Tests with the multimeter are correct. In fact, I had two of them, one with the ring of continuity. The multimeter rings before and after the detection zone. Nothing on the contact rails

So the little bridges are well cut.

I had two S88's and the wheel detection tests forced me to equip the system with a third S88.

I tested this S88 (3) by connecting a 24994. it's ok.

I have checked again the work I have done and will be testing again.

I saw this morning that I had connected the S88 to terminal B. I also saw that I had configured the 3.2 address of the S88 output on Itrain for this contact rail while the plug was on output 3.1

My legendary distraction.

And all this by watching soccer on TV and the Olympics, of course.

I continue. Not everything is solved

To see you later

Thewolf

Offline Thewolf  
#10 Posted : 13 February 2018 23:21:48(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   
I got it Cool .

A little mistake due to my legendary distraction.

The mistake was there before my eyes... but I couldn't see it. A simple 74030 at the wrong place.

And it will be 24172,24094,24115 or 24215 which will be processed according to their destination.

And it will be 24172,24094,24115 or 24215 which will be transformed according to their destination (but only one rail per contact, not two like 24995)

Now soccer on TV Cool

Thewolf