Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline dakje_Rook  
#1 Posted : 20 January 2006 18:07:04(UTC)
dakje_Rook

Hi again,

Another question, mainly directed towards Dutch readers of this forum. Do any of you know of a company in Holland that will professionally paint/airbrush/weather model locomotives for consumers ?

I have got my eyes set on a locomotive that is very nice but which Märklin has brought out in photograpic coloring which I do not really like. So I would love for this loc to be painted/airbrushed in a weathered state but want it done professionally since I lack the skills myself (or the guts to try it on such expensive material).

Kind regards,

Rolf
Kind regards,

Rolf

(M, 32, The Netherlands)
Offline Hoffmann  
#2 Posted : 20 January 2006 18:19:03(UTC)
Hoffmann

Canada   

Hello Rolf,

Trix (a Marklin Company) has a weathering service. Two version are available light and heavy and I believe the cost is Euro 45.00 for the light version.
Your Dealer should be able to help you out.

Martin

P.S. welcome
marklin-eh
Offline stephenbb  
#3 Posted : 20 January 2006 21:25:27(UTC)
stephenbb

Martin: Did you see the new product post elsewhere on the forum?
Stephen(USA)
Stephen(USA)
ETE,NMRA,MEA
Offline dakje_Rook  
#4 Posted : 23 January 2006 10:28:22(UTC)
dakje_Rook

Hi Martin,

Thank you very much for the tip Smile Have not been able to find any information on the Trix Weathering Service however. Have also talked to my dealer about having engines weathered professionally and he was not able to suggest any companies.

Also...I am afraid it might be a little more than just weathering that is needed with this locomotive. I am talkin about a Märklin 37022 (Borsig 1943 design) which is painted all white by M*. I like this engine very much because of its size and functions (MFX, dual smoke generators, ventilator-blades, etc...). But I don't really care for the coloring. I know this must be because it is an engine that has not really existed but on my layout I would pretend that it has (quoting John: "my own personal world" wink), so need it to look natural.

So everyone: any advice of professional painting/weathering/airbrushing services would be more than welcome. Inside the Netherlands would be perfect, outside...an option aswell...

Regards,

Rolf
Kind regards,

Rolf

(M, 32, The Netherlands)
Offline john black  
#5 Posted : 23 January 2006 12:28:20(UTC)
john black

United States   
Rolf: Since weathering isn't necessarily a model railroaders' job - any good artist (or skilled Art Academy student) in your town should be able to do such for little money. But give him <u>only the shell(s)</u> plus some photos & instructions ... Smile

Just an idea ...
John
I hope no one visits a poor Southener's layout in Brooklyn. Intruders beware of Gators.
AT&SF, D&RGW, T&P, SP, WP, UP, BN, NYC, ARR, epI-III - analog & digital Marklin Classics only.
CU#6021 FX-MOTOROLA DIGITAL SYSTEM. Fast as lightning and no trouble. What else ...
Outlaw Member of BIG JUHAN's OUTSIDER CLUB. With the most members, worldwide

Offline verheyen  
#6 Posted : 23 January 2006 13:34:59(UTC)
verheyen

Find a modeler/modeling club in your area, the kind where everyone makes airplanes, boats, cars, ... Those people should have the skills and tools to do the job. You'll need to get decals... custom made however as the Borsig never existed.

p.

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by john black
<br />Rolf: Since weathering isn't necessarily a model railroaders' job - any good artist (or skilled Art Academy student) in your town should be able to do such for little money. But give him <u>only the shell(s)</u> plus some photos & instructions ... Smile

Just an idea ...
John

Offline dakje_Rook  
#7 Posted : 24 January 2006 11:58:45(UTC)
dakje_Rook

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:any good artist (or skilled Art Academy student) in your town should be able to do such for little money. But give him only the shell(s) plus some photos & instructions ...
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Find a modeler/modeling club in your area,

Great ideas, hadn't thought of that. Maybe an advertisement would help. Thank you both for the suggestions Smile

Regards,

Rolf

Kind regards,

Rolf

(M, 32, The Netherlands)