Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline siroljuk  
#1 Posted : 01 February 2018 12:58:01(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Hello BigGrin

As most of us know that Märklin turnout"motor" 74490, 74491 and even newest 74491 are not reliable without some soldering.

Now I have problems with Viessmann 4558 turnout decoder, which have real motor inside. When I used 4558( I have several installed into C-turnouts) using CS2ll things were working jusrt like they should. I could also program those decoder with no problem.( few CV needed to change to new values).
Now yesterday I found out that one of my turnout wit Viessmann 4558 did not work any more.
I have seen that in these kind of situations just shut down the whole digital environment and restart it again, after restart all has functioned ok. But not yesterday.

I had two unused devices so I put one into turnout and start to give address to decoder. In DCC mode and just as the manual says I succeed to give address to new decoder, after that I tried to make motor to spin a bit faster. All difficulties started at this point. What ever I tried with CS3 I didn't succeed to change sv37 . I had to make hard boot ( close all down and take electricity away from CS3Plus) many times during my programming period, but I didn't succeed.
During my work all kind of difficulties and odd behavior turn out. Sometimen decoder changed from turn to right and vice versa by it self. Sometimes decoder didn't react at all.
I did all maneuvers in program track, but tests were run in normal track. I did try also in MM mode but results were the same.

Now I just think that CS3Plus and it's programs are not capable to handle Viessmann 4558 programming ight. There must be BUGs in this section.

My question is:

Do anyone else have this kind of problems and how did you find how to fix problems with Viessmann 4558.

Well sometimes you need problems for learning, perhaps somebody help me learningThumpUp ThumpUp

Regards

Jukka