Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline river6109  
#1 Posted : 26 January 2018 01:46:06(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Its official: at this stage there had been 507 locos ordered from Siemens for the new Vectron loco, it comes in AC, AC/DC and a diesel powered loco,
on long hauls or waiting times the driver is provided with a sleeping and cooking apartment behind the drivers cockpit.

So we should see a large variety of countries appearing on the model world of trains including leasing firms like
Railpool, MRCE and many others, ÖBB, DB, SBB cargo international, BLS and many others

https://www.google.com.a...02#imgrc=tN-4-cb8ydMCCM:
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
Offline mike c  
#2 Posted : 26 January 2018 06:39:53(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
This is old news. Maerklin released it's first Vectron models last year, as has Piko and Roco. LSM announced models, starting with the SNCB Class 18.
The Vectron is in fact, an upgraded version of the ES64 U Taurus series. The model was initially designed for the SNCB and was subsequently manufactured for CP (Portugal). Since then, it was chosen by a number of leasing companies (ELL, RailPool, MRCE) and has gone into leased operation in many countries as well as being purchased by national and private railways.

I have the BLS Re 475 on order from Roco. I will be adding the LokRoll SBB Cargo model from Roco this year. I did not order the ELL SBB Cargo model because it was not the version with 4 pantographs that runs in Switzerland. The next model that I am waiting for is the Re 476 version just received by RailCare for use in Switzerland only, replacing the leased 186 and BLS Re 465 and Re 425s.

It is interesting that SBB had soured on Siemens following problems with the RABe 514 and original Re 474s, but the experience that they gained from leased ES64F4 (MRCE) and Vectron 193 (ELL) convinced them to give the company another try. They leased additional locomotives from ELL and signed a long term lease with new leasing company LokRoll for others. SBB has not opted for their own multi system Bombardier locomotives from the 186/187 class. Delays with the Twindexx project and experience with leased 186 (RailPool) may have soured the company on Bombardier at the present.

After the Re 460, I find the Taurus and the Vectron to be attractive locomotives and at present, Bombardier does not offer a locomotive capable of operation above 160 km/h. The Taurus and Vectron are capable of running up to 230 Km/h, although that will not be standard in freight traffic use.

Regards

Mike C
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by mike c
Offline river6109  
#3 Posted : 26 January 2018 11:45:59(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Originally Posted by: mike c Go to Quoted Post
This is old news. Maerklin released it's first Vectron models last year, as has Piko and Roco. LSM announced models, starting with the SNCB Class 18.
The Vectron is in fact, an upgraded version of the ES64 U Taurus series. The model was initially designed for the SNCB and was subsequently manufactured for CP (Portugal). Since then, it was chosen by a number of leasing companies (ELL, RailPool, MRCE) and has gone into leased operation in many countries as well as being purchased by national and private railways.

I have the BLS Re 475 on order from Roco. I will be adding the LokRoll SBB Cargo model from Roco this year. I did not order the ELL SBB Cargo model because it was not the version with 4 pantographs that runs in Switzerland. The next model that I am waiting for is the Re 476 version just received by RailCare for use in Switzerland only, replacing the leased 186 and BLS Re 465 and Re 425s.

It is interesting that SBB had soured on Siemens following problems with the RABe 514 and original Re 474s, but the experience that they gained from leased ES64F4 (MRCE) and Vectron 193 (ELL) convinced them to give the company another try. They leased additional locomotives from ELL and signed a long term lease with new leasing company LokRoll for others. SBB has not opted for their own multi system Bombardier locomotives from the 186/187 class. Delays with the Twindexx project and experience with leased 186 (RailPool) may have soured the company on Bombardier at the present.

After the Re 460, I find the Taurus and the Vectron to be attractive locomotives and at present, Bombardier does not offer a locomotive capable of operation above 160 km/h. The Taurus and Vectron are capable of running up to 230 Km/h, although that will not be standard in freight traffic use.

Regards

Mike C

thanks for the clarification
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode