Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Normmeister  
#1 Posted : 22 January 2018 22:56:39(UTC)
Normmeister

A friend of mine ( we are in Australia) has dropped his CS2 on to a concrete floor Cursing and the screen has fractured. We are quite capable of installing a replacement, the question is how to get hold of a replacement screen.

Has anybody done this ? Please tell how you were able to get hold of the replacement part.

Norm
Offline steventrain  
#2 Posted : 22 January 2018 23:12:23(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
I send back to Marklin damage screen about 6 years ago.

The bill cost is 255 EUR for new screen.

Don't know if screen for cs2 available today so you can contact Marklin first.
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline JohnjeanB  
#3 Posted : 24 January 2018 12:32:55(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi Norm

You see the broken screen but are you sure this is the only damage?
You may check with Marklin, sometimes they offer discount for a new unit like a CS3 but this may be limited due to shipment charges to Australia
I have mine repaired on 2 occasions and had to wait 3 month minimum.

I checked eBay.de (Germany) and a few are available for 200 to 300 EUR. They seem to be still very sought after (because the CS3 does not have all the CS2's functionalities yet- I think.
Be sure to pick a harware version 4.33 or later to avoid S88 link problems, galvanic insulation, larger power output, etc.
Cheers

Jean
Offline Thewolf  
#4 Posted : 24 January 2018 15:03:50(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   
Originally Posted by: JohnjeanB Go to Quoted Post
Hi Norm

You see the broken screen but are you sure this is the only damage?
You may check with Marklin, sometimes they offer discount for a new unit like a CS3 but this may be limited due to shipment charges to Australia
I have mine repaired on 2 occasions and had to wait 3 month minimum.

I checked eBay.de (Germany) and a few are available for 200 to 300 EUR. They seem to be still very sought after (because the CS3 does not have all the CS2's functionalities yet- I think.
Be sure to pick a harware version 4.33 or later to avoid S88 link problems, galvanic insulation, larger power output, etc.
Cheers

Jean

Jean,

You wrote :

'' because the CS3 does not have all the CS2's functionalities yet'' are you sure ????

Thewolf
Project The Richelieu Valley Railway-CS2-Track C- Itrain-Digital
Offline JohnjeanB  
#5 Posted : 24 January 2018 16:28:44(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi Thewolf

Managing the itinerary triggering is one example where the CS2 allows having multiple conditions to be met before an itinerary to be started.
Reading the forum here I see others in the capability of the track diagram (invoking itineraries).

I may be wrong of course as I know the CS2 (I have 2 of them since 5 years) but not having a CS3 yet. I have focused on what it will bring me additional.
Frankly discussion in this forum and the German Stummi forum seem not very convincing yet. Eventually the CS3 will offer more possibilities but so far I am not convinced (but would be glad to change my opinion).

Remember that on the CS2 Marklin fixed critical issues on S88 and on Galvanic insulation 3 to 4 years after its first market introduction.
Cheers

Jean
Offline Thewolf  
#6 Posted : 24 January 2018 16:43:33(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   
Originally Posted by: JohnjeanB Go to Quoted Post
Hi Thewolf

Managing the itinerary triggering is one example where the CS2 allows having multiple conditions to be met before an itinerary to be started.
Reading the forum here I see others in the capability of the track diagram (invoking itineraries).

I may be wrong of course as I know the CS2 (I have 2 of them since 5 years) but not having a CS3 yet. I have focused on what it will bring me additional.
Frankly discussion in this forum and the German Stummi forum seem not very convincing yet. Eventually the CS3 will offer more possibilities but so far I am not convinced (but would be glad to change my opinion).

Remember that on the CS2 Marklin fixed critical issues on S88 and on Galvanic insulation 3 to 4 years after its first market introduction.
Cheers

Jean

ok I understand

The way you wrote it suggested that the cs3 was lower than the cs2 ... but from what I read and what Mike my dealer told me this is not the case.

The cs2 that I have since 2012 serves as an interface since I use Itrain in 2013... no need even less than a cs3
Project The Richelieu Valley Railway-CS2-Track C- Itrain-Digital