Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline marklin61  
#1 Posted : 21 January 2018 11:24:11(UTC)
marklin61

I am not sure if I am losing my mind. But having decided I need more description with my labeling on my CS 2 keyboard control I noticed the online keyboard is missing the letter "Y" but has 2 Z's....has anyone else come across this anomaly, or is it just me..?
Running version 4.2.1.............Maybe I should stop drinking to much wine....!!!!
Steve...............

Life with Pinot Noir, Chocolate and Marklin trains..........
Offline Rwill  
#2 Posted : 21 January 2018 13:09:12(UTC)
Rwill

United Kingdom   
As the new worldwide expert on CS2 (having now owned one for 48 hours) and being teetotal (not by choice) I can confirm with version 4.2.1 there are two Z's and no Y and furthermore the Z where the Y should be delivers a Z. If you had asked before last evening I could have looked at the keyboard for the original 60215 version but I updated it.
Offline blid  
#3 Posted : 21 January 2018 13:44:14(UTC)
blid

Sweden   
No "wine" today but managed place this in the wrong thread:

Well, the Swedish “wine” is so much stronger. When I press “a” I get “ “ “. “s” gives “A” etc. “k” results in “j”. “1” is replaced by “§”. But “y” and “z” are OK on the Swedish keyboard. I usually change to English to be able to write and then change back to Swedish to get the special Swedish characters.

Now I notice that there is no “y” but a “z” on the English keyboard. I guess we all have to learn German.
OneGauge Marklin and MTH, ESU ECoS 2.1 on LGB tracks. MTH 3-rail 0-gauge, DCS on GarGraves tracks. Z: Rokuhan tracks, analog or DCC+TC Gold.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by blid
Offline Rwill  
#4 Posted : 21 January 2018 15:03:01(UTC)
Rwill

United Kingdom   
Just imagine if you were modelling a line passing this hospital in Wales:

Ysbyty Ystrad Fawr
Ystrad Fawr Way,
Ystrad Mynach,
Hengoed,
Offline michelvr  
#5 Posted : 21 January 2018 15:04:47(UTC)
michelvr

Canada   
Originally Posted by: blid Go to Quoted Post
No "wine" today but managed place this in the wrong thread:

Well, the Swedish “wine” is so much stronger. When I press “a” I get “ “ “. “s” gives “A” etc. “k” results in “j”. “1” is replaced by “§”. But “y” and “z” are OK on the Swedish keyboard. I usually change to English to be able to write and then change back to Swedish to get the special Swedish characters.

Now I notice that there is no “y” but a “z” on the English keyboard. I guess we all have to learn German.

Du hast mich zum Lachen gebracht, du bist so lustig! BigGrin You made me laugh, you are so funny!

Don't you just love Google translate.

Reminds me of a funny experience I had at a Hooters restaurant in Chicago many years ago. I was there with a colleague for work having a few beers and when the waitress brought us some more beer. She asked us where you from? So I answered Canada. She mentions you guys live up North? Then I asked her what the difference between a Canadian and a American? What she says! So I said, what's the last letter of the alphabet? She answers WHY!

Laugh Laugh Huh Laugh Huh Huh Laugh Huh Laugh I guess you had to be there if you don't get this.

In Canada we say zed for Z and in America they say zee for Z.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by michelvr
Offline H0  
#6 Posted : 21 January 2018 17:13:58(UTC)
H0

When I checked the various on-screen keyboards of the CS2 a few years ago, I found several missing characters or duplicate characters.
For example the French keyboard had two keys for "c", but no key for "ç". There were two keys for "°".
There was a key for "á", but no key for "à". I didn't check if they ever fixed that.

At that time, colon and semicolon occurred twice on the English keyboard.

Let them know the English keyboard has a mapping problem now and hope they will fix it with one of the forthcoming updates.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline marklin61  
#7 Posted : 24 January 2018 05:38:00(UTC)
marklin61

Request off to Marklin customer service . I will update the forum should I get a reply. Time will tell...!!
Steve...............

Life with Pinot Noir, Chocolate and Marklin trains..........
Offline dickinsonj  
#8 Posted : 06 February 2018 03:16:51(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Since the first CS2 update which allows access to all 32 functions (I forget the version number) I get a German keyboard for naming backups. I get an English message stating which special characters are legal for backup names but none of them can be accessed from that German keyboard. Oddly enough a month or so ago I found some German characters (other than alpha nums) which it accepted, but they violate some other rules, because they don't appear in my list of backups. I just updated my CS2 today hoping that problem might be fixed, but it has still not changed.

I did notice today for the first time that spaces (the CS2 software calls them blanks) are legal and I named today's backup with a date separated by blanks. That backup does appear in my list so I am going with that strategy until they fix this.

Just another example of how Märklin is struggling with properly presenting a gui in multiple languages. My current favorite is the message shown when the CS2 is receiving data from the decoder during an mfx loco registration. Two thirds of the sentence is in English and the other third is in German. BigGrin
Regards,
Jim

I have almost all Märklin and mostly HO, although I do have a small number of Z gauge trains!
So many trains and so little time.
Offline blid  
#9 Posted : 07 March 2018 17:18:58(UTC)
blid

Sweden   
I've got a reply from Marklin as follows:

thanks a lot for this information, which we gave also to our development department. We will still go on with updates also for the CS 2. So we will have still the chance to delete this mistake.

Sincerely yours,

Your Maerklin Customer Service
Frank Mayer
OneGauge Marklin and MTH, ESU ECoS 2.1 on LGB tracks. MTH 3-rail 0-gauge, DCS on GarGraves tracks. Z: Rokuhan tracks, analog or DCC+TC Gold.
Offline dickinsonj  
#10 Posted : 07 March 2018 17:21:39(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Originally Posted by: blid Go to Quoted Post
We will still go on with updates also for the CS 2. So we will have still the chance to delete this mistake.

Thanks for the information and it is good to hear that they plan to continue doing updates for the CS2.
Regards,
Jim

I have almost all Märklin and mostly HO, although I do have a small number of Z gauge trains!
So many trains and so little time.
Offline H0  
#11 Posted : 07 March 2018 17:52:00(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
When I checked the various on-screen keyboards of the CS2 a few years ago, I found several missing characters or duplicate characters.
For example the French keyboard had two keys for "c", but no key for "ç". There were two keys for "°".
There was a key for "á", but no key for "à". I didn't check if they ever fixed that.
I had a look at the various onscreen keyboards shown by the new PC version CS2.EXE.

It seems they made new versions of all keyboards. Now all keyboards have the German Umlaute, but language-specific keys for other languages are missing.

I don't know which problem they tried to solve with the new keyboards - but they surely introduced some new problems and new restrictions for non-German words.

Maybe a USB keyboard can be used as a workaround (not really comfortable, though).
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0