Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Yossi  
#1 Posted : 12 January 2018 22:51:45(UTC)
Yossi

Israel   
I have purchased a Starter Kit (29162) containing an IR remote controller (179881).
I would like to read some explanation about the theory of operation of the digital control, in order to extend my IR controller's capabilities, so I can control turnouts etc.
Can somebody tell me where I can find such manual In English?
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 12 January 2018 23:04:57(UTC)
H0

Hi, Yossi!
Welcome to the forum!
Originally Posted by: Yossi Go to Quoted Post
I would like to read some explanation about the theory of operation of the digital control, in order to extend my IR controller's capabilities, so I can control turnouts etc.
The controller supports four locos addresses and cannot control accessories like turnouts.

You can buy turnout decoders that support loco addresses (not really comfortable with that IR controller), operate turnouts manually, or buy a better digital controller.

I assume you got the starter set with complete documentation. The IR controller has no undocumented features.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Yossi  
#3 Posted : 12 January 2018 23:25:08(UTC)
Yossi

Israel   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Hi, Yossi!
Welcome to the forum!
The controller supports four locos addresses and cannot control accessories like turnouts.

You can buy turnout decoders that support loco addresses (not really comfortable with that IR controller), operate turnouts manually, or buy a better digital controller.

I assume you got the starter set with complete documentation. The IR controller has no undocumented features.

Thanks for the quick reply.
I am intending to buy a new controller but I would like to learn the theory of operation of the digital control such as voltage, communication method etc. before.

I will be grateful if someone can direct me to a source of information.
Offline H0  
#4 Posted : 13 January 2018 08:45:23(UTC)
H0

communication method
They re-invented the wheel several times.
MM protocol uses one pattern, DCC uses a different pattern, mfx brought a new pattern.
mfx requires filler bits in some situations to avoid ambiguity between mfx and DCC.

MM protocol:
http://www.drkoenig.de/digital/motorola.htm

DCC:
https://nmra.org/dcc-working-group

mfx (German):
http://www.skrauss.de/mo...lbahn/Schienenformat.pdf

Is that what you need? Or is it too detailed?
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline Yossi  
#5 Posted : 13 January 2018 09:11:25(UTC)
Yossi

Israel   
Thanks Tom