Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Stingh  
#1 Posted : 25 December 2017 22:01:44(UTC)
Stingh

Sweden   
When I create a new event to be started by an S88 contact and then save, a red box will appear with info Deleyed ...
When you click on this comes below info.

S88.PNG

Anybody have experience with this?
Seems like the event has a bug to find Link S88
Offline Roland  
#2 Posted : 26 December 2017 00:22:58(UTC)
Roland

Canada   
Hi Stingh,

Out of curiosity do you have a CS3 plus with the built-in L88? Or a regular CS3 with an external L88? Also what firmware version?

Cheers
Roland
My Layout Build | Märklin CS3+ | K-track | Merkur | Viessmann | LDT | iTrain | Modeling DB + SBB
Offline clapcott  
#3 Posted : 26 December 2017 09:12:51(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Stingh Go to Quoted Post
Anybody have experience with this?
Seems like the event has a bug to find Link S88

It is not that the event has a bug, however you have defined the event with a reference to an S88 port that has not been registered.
The chances are you will have a red line across the top of the screen (under the system icons) which means the same thing.

If the S88 port you have entered was a typo, then you should correct it.

Otherwise, ensure you have configured your L88 with the correct number of S88s on Bus 1, 2, 3

Peter
Offline Stingh  
#4 Posted : 26 December 2017 11:21:24(UTC)
Stingh

Sweden   
Roland:
I have regular CS3 with an external L88.
Firmware version is latest version with some files from 2017-12-22.

Clapcott:
Everthing from the Link S88 are registered and All S88 contacts is working and configured as it should.
I have 6 pcs. S88 units connected to the L88 and everything works great with ITrain on my PC.

Thanks so far.
Offline Stingh  
#5 Posted : 26 December 2017 13:28:09(UTC)
Stingh

Sweden   
Forget to mention that a CS3+ and a S88 connected to the RJ45 socket on the underside work smoothly.
Offline johnpatrickwack  
#6 Posted : 28 December 2017 02:43:26(UTC)
johnpatrickwack

United States   
Originally Posted by: Stingh Go to Quoted Post
Forget to mention that a CS3+ and a S88 connected to the RJ45 socket on the underside work smoothly.

I had this same problem - I have a CS3 and an L88. I had hooked up the power cables that go to the programming track to a single piece of circuit track - I was just trying to experiment with events and getting a signal to turn on or off depending on how I moved the little slider switch on the circuit track. I had the circuit track connected to the first L88 set of contacts, and the CS3 named it as "K1". The L88 would not register properly until I, for the hell of it, defined a 2nd piece of contact track as "K2" - although I don't have a 2nd piece of contact track, so I don't know why this worked.

I am blundering my way through this process. I don't have prior experience with using events or S88's or the CS1, 2, or 3, and the Marklin documentation is not good - I still can't figure out what exactly a 'button matrix' is and why I should try to use the L88 as one. However, bit by bit things are getting to be more understandable.

Cheers, John
---
John P. Wack
Silver Spring, MD
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by johnpatrickwack
Offline tayloma  
#7 Posted : 10 September 2018 09:17:15(UTC)
tayloma

South Africa   
I have experienced this error on CS3. What I have discovered is that you must assign every connected port of the L88 to an item in the item list. This does not mean that you need to assign it to an automated event; it must just be registered in the item list.

In other words, if you have connected a wire to a contact on the L88 (1 - 16), you must also assign it to an item in the item list (refer page 17 - 18 of the CS3 manual). This will complete the "initial read -in" and the event automate icon will no longer show "delayed" and turn to grey. I believe this is due to the CS3 seeing the layout as a network and wants to complete registration of all connected items.

Also keep in mind that the L88 must be powered with the switchable power supply (60822) and earthed (brown wire) to the track.

Regards

Mark
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by tayloma
Offline clapcott  
#8 Posted : 10 September 2018 10:38:58(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: tayloma Go to Quoted Post
Also keep in mind that the L88 must be powered with the switchable power supply (60822) and earthed (brown wire) to the track.

I do not think so.

The 60822 is a Marklin offering for 60831/2 and 60841/2 and 6083(0) not the L88 (60883)

A track rail connection (brown) is only needed if you are using contact rail
In "Matrix" mode, this is not used at all
Peter
Offline tayloma  
#9 Posted : 20 September 2018 13:48:14(UTC)
tayloma

South Africa   
Originally Posted by: clapcott Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: tayloma Go to Quoted Post

I do not think so.

The 60822 is a Marklin offering for 60831/2 and 60841/2 and 6083(0) not the L88 (60883)

A track rail connection (brown) is only needed if you are using contact rail
In "Matrix" mode, this is not used at all

Hi Peter

In my experience the L88 does not work if it does not have the switchable power supply - I had to buy one separately before it would operate.

I got this same error again last night about the L88 not being initialized and when I checked I found that one of my contacts was assigned BUS1 instead of DIRECT. After correcting the bus assignment the error went away. You should only assign BUS1, 2 or 3 if you are using additional S88's connected to the L88; and if memory serves BUS3 is for the old S88.

Cool

Regards

Mark
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by tayloma
Offline MaerklinLife  
#10 Posted : 20 September 2018 16:52:06(UTC)
MaerklinLife

The S88 LINK (which is its true name) needs a power supply. But it is not the 60822, because that is not a power supply. You can use the same power supply as the Mobile Station 2.

The error mentioned in the first post probably relates to a S88 contact that is wrongly registered. Go over everything again and check both source, port and bus. I am sure you have a contact that has a wrong setting.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by MaerklinLife