Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Twisterdodger  
#1 Posted : 15 December 2017 19:59:29(UTC)
Twisterdodger

Hello Everyone,
I am wondering if anyone has experience with Jagerndorfer locomotives. My layout is Marklin, 3-rail, AC with CS3 controller. I am specifically interested in one of their Electric Taurus 470 locs and am curious as to how smoothly it will run and respond in my system. They do come in a 3-rail AC config.
It comes with an ESU 4.0 sound decoder but I'm not familiar with other non-Marklin systems, thus my concern. These are hardly entry level pieces/prices so I'm trying to research before pulling the trigger. Any feedback is gratefully appreciated.
Thank you,
George
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Twisterdodger
Offline kimballthurlow  
#2 Posted : 17 December 2017 08:14:51(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Hi George,

There was a discussion on this topic last month.

Here is the topic - https://www.marklin-users.net/forum/posts/t39448-Jagerndorfer-Model

Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
Offline Rinus  
#3 Posted : 02 January 2018 21:20:04(UTC)
Rinus

Originally Posted by: Twisterdodger Go to Quoted Post
Hello Everyone,
I am wondering if anyone has experience with Jagerndorfer locomotives. My layout is Marklin, 3-rail, AC with CS3 controller. I am specifically interested in one of their Electric Taurus 470 locs and am curious as to how smoothly it will run and respond in my system. They do come in a 3-rail AC config.
It comes with an ESU 4.0 sound decoder but I'm not familiar with other non-Marklin systems, thus my concern. These are hardly entry level pieces/prices so I'm trying to research before pulling the trigger. Any feedback is gratefully appreciated.
Thank you,
George

Hi! I’ve got two of their locomotives. The rh 1822 and the rh 4020. Extraordinarily good level of detail and nice runners. I like them a lot.

I can recommend them.

Rinus
Offline Train Nerd  
#4 Posted : 03 November 2019 06:47:57(UTC)
Train Nerd

United States   
My Jagerndorfer fell off the data list for my Marklin Mobil Station 2 (60653) and now I can't get it back. Anyone have experience in getting Jagerndorfer to work on Marklin gear?

Thanks,
Offline TEEWolf  
#5 Posted : 03 November 2019 19:57:21(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: Train Nerd Go to Quoted Post
My Jagerndorfer fell off the data list for my Marklin Mobil Station 2 (60653) and now I can't get it back. Anyone have experience in getting Jagerndorfer to work on Marklin gear?

Thanks,

Jaegerndorfer is not Maerklin, so it is never part of the database in a MS 2 or CS 3. In this database only Maerklin products are listed. But always you can add your Jaegerndorfer manually to the MS 2 controller very easily. Just follow the instructions. Before you have to get the digital address either for MM or DCC (whatever you are using) from the Jaegerndorfer manual.