Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline dogjumpjump  
#1 Posted : 09 November 2017 06:34:15(UTC)
dogjumpjump

Hong Kong   
I am using Black Z21 supplied transformer, I check its rating is 18V -- 4A output (should be DC)

for your information, Marklin Spur 1 BR042 is using MFX decoder
when the BR042 is running, every function is under control, but once, I turn-on smoke generator(F1), 
all function is lost control, but the loco is still running, I cannot stop it, and some "Chi Chi" sound will come out from tender
until I press [stop] to cut off power supplied to track, turn smoke function off and power up again, the loco will become normal

There is no red light on Z21, I checked, it is blue light 

1000mah-1200mah is continuous current consumption with smoke generator is on and loco is running, 
I compare KM1 Gauge 1 , the current consumption is similar

my Z21  is working normally with other HO / KM1 Spur 1 with lok sound or other brand of decoder

For your information, my Z21 has been upgrade to latest Firmware v1.3
Also, I reset my loco with CV8 many times, but still not working

do you have any idea to fix this problem??
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 09 November 2017 10:54:51(UTC)
H0

Hi!

Does the loco work with smoke when used with another controller? Did it ever work with smoke? Did it work before the firmware upgrade?

Maybe the fault is with the loco.

Do you use DCC or MM to run the loco?

I assume with "1000mah" you mean "1000 mA". That's probably not too much. Do you get the same problem and the same current reading when the loco stands on the feeder track?
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline dogjumpjump  
#3 Posted : 10 November 2017 03:42:52(UTC)
dogjumpjump

Hong Kong   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Hi!

Does the loco work with smoke when used with another controller? Did it ever work with smoke? Did it work before the firmware upgrade?

Maybe the fault is with the loco.

Do you use DCC or MM to run the loco?

I assume with "1000mah" you mean "1000 mA". That's probably not too much. Do you get the same problem and the same current reading when the loco stands on the feeder track?

I have some update information for you about problem on controlling Marklin BR 042 spur 1
last night ,
1. I tested on ESU ECOS controller, it's work fine on my train ,
2. tested with another Black Z21 system, fail again, problem is same as my Black Z21
3. connect Z21 to ESU Ecossniffer  port,  Ecos power out connect to tack,  Z21 send command to Ecos and Ecos send to track,  it works fine
4. I try MM1 MM2 MM28 mode on Z21, train can run, but also there is same problem with DCC mode when I turn on smoke,

tomorrow , I will test with another BR 042, if problem is same, I can confirm Z21 is not compatible to Marklin MFX with smoke system