Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Rwill  
#1 Posted : 26 September 2017 10:19:45(UTC)
Rwill

United Kingdom   
A short time ago I mentioned my delight in lok 37516. This is however marred by one small matter. I use the lok extensively on a small separate layout of an Era 1&2 shunting frame, a brewery. There is a telex coupler on the rear which is function f8 so on my MS2 is the first item on the second page. So when uncoupling from wagons in a siding I have to press the shift button, press f8 and rotate the red knob to move off which if you still have the shift button pressed just rotates the screen through the loco list. I don’t like engaging the telex then going back to the main screen - old deafy here will first remember he has left the telex on when the smell of burning occurs! Now on the first page of function we have likes of f5 Squealing brakes off which is a switch function not a press function and any way with my ears I have never heard a brake squeal in my life. So ideally I should like to swap or move f5 with f8-is this possible without a degree in computer science and a sterile lab? I expect I shall be embarrassed by a rather short and simple answer.
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 26 September 2017 11:03:53(UTC)
H0

Hi!

Simple answer: use a CS2 to swap the buttons. Loco will register on the MS2 again and buttons will be swapped there, too.

The MS2 is a somewhat crippled controller and cannot even dim the headlights, not to mention changing function assignments.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0