Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Gregzim  
#1 Posted : 12 September 2017 02:41:30(UTC)
Gregzim

Australia   
Hi. I am hoping there is someone here that can explain something to me about three rail and track feed back. I have been having an email conversation with Peter at LDT in Germany who make excellent digital decoders etc. Somewhere in the English/German conversation I am missing a valuable piece of knowledge and its left me confused.

On his site there are two references to connecting 3 rail isolated sections. They are:-

https://www.ldt-infocent...p?id=de:ab_rm_88_n_o_3lg (this is a list of examples - one is the three rail example as a link UNDER the list and the other one is in the list under suppression diode - the fifth PDF down the list)

Here is my question - My conversation with Peter was all using C track as the already LAID track. My layout is laid, large and ballasted so no way I am pulling up track - he explains it like this (look at diagrams) :-

1. I can cut one outside rail (between track piece ends where in C track the 2 outside rails are joined) and create an isolated section.
2. I can have many of those isolated sections (say 5 for example) in a row (five pieces of set track) and I can connect all five isolated sections in series to each other - this forming one isolated section connected to ONE contact on the decoder.

I am all good at this point - but - even though these five isolated sections exist - as soon as a train hits them the wheels and axles on 3 rail trains are all conductors - so naturally the power will now flow from the wheels running on the other side (non isolated rail) to the isolated section. IS THIS CURRENT FLOW THE TRIGGER FOR THAT CONNECTED DECODER?

If it is - then what is the example with the diode all about then? Why have a diode example? (I understand the diode restricts current flowing back to the other rail (given the way its drawn in his drawing) but so what? In the first example there is no diode anyway?

Any help to unravel this will be truly appreciated so when I do understand the physics here I can get on with bringing my layout up to feed back status.

Offline applor  
#2 Posted : 12 September 2017 07:07:05(UTC)
applor

Australia   
Originally Posted by: Gregzim Go to Quoted Post

I am all good at this point - but - even though these five isolated sections exist - as soon as a train hits them the wheels and axles on 3 rail trains are all conductors - so naturally the power will now flow from the wheels running on the other side (non isolated rail) to the isolated section. IS THIS CURRENT FLOW THE TRIGGER FOR THAT CONNECTED DECODER?

If it is - then what is the example with the diode all about then? Why have a diode example? (I understand the diode restricts current flowing back to the other rail (given the way its drawn in his drawing) but so what? In the first example there is no diode anyway?

Any help to unravel this will be truly appreciated so when I do understand the physics here I can get on with bringing my layout up to feed back status.

The S88 module does not detect the current flow, it detects a short between its isolated rail and the return/neutral rail caused by the wheel axle as the train drives past.

the LDT S88 uses half wave detection, so by installing a diode to return/neutral with the correct polarity it can act as an additional neutral return and improve the running of the locomotive.

The diode is not necessary unless you are having troubles with your locomotives running smoothly.

Also note that while you can do multiple cuts with your fixed C track as suggested to create a larger detection area, it is not required for operation.

What are your intentions with S88 detection? I imagine automation with either computer control or with a CS2/3?
modelling era IIIa (1951-1955) Germany
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by applor
Offline Gregzim  
#3 Posted : 12 September 2017 08:39:04(UTC)
Gregzim

Australia   
Hi Tks for the info. I am about to do the layout for Train Controller software control in conjunction with the Ecos.
Offline applor  
#4 Posted : 13 September 2017 00:42:21(UTC)
applor

Australia   
So with computer control, such as Train Controller, you only need to have detection at the end of each block so the software knows the train is now inside the block. You can add more of course and gives you additional information about the trains position but as mentioned, not necessary.

I am more familiar with Rocrail but Traincontroller operates on the same principles.
For example at the end of your station approach you would have a S88 sensor and the software could then tell the train to slow down as it enters the station (or stop if platforms are occupied).
Then for your station platforms, you create an isolated rail near the end of the platform length. Once the train reaches the sensor, the software tells the train to stop and knows that the train now occupies that station platform, allowing another train to now depart.
If it is a bi-directional platform you would need a sensor at both ends of course.

Here is a picture of one of my LDT S88 modules with my diode board attached. You can see in the top left the black return line for the diodes. Note the S88-N (RJ45) bus is not yet connected:

IMG_1204.JPG
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by applor
Offline Gregzim  
#5 Posted : 13 September 2017 01:33:53(UTC)
Gregzim

Australia   
OK thats great tks. Just explain to me why exactly you have these diodes and where in the circuit are they actually placed? Rgds Greg
Offline Ross  
#6 Posted : 13 September 2017 02:41:03(UTC)
Ross

Australia   
Hello Greg,

To answer your question please read the article below.

The Diode Trick

Please read the Traincontroller Users guide April 2016 pages 134-137 which explains the use of Momentary and Occupancy sensors.

Being a TrainController person for a number of years I can only recommend using occupancy sensors.

As for the number of sensors per block, Eric has mentioned you only need one sensor per block which I would not recommend in all cases. One sensor/block requires a combined brake and stop marker.
For finer control on a single direction track I would have 2 sensors, one for the brake and one for the stop. The brake sensor length would cover most of the block distance and the stop sensor should be approx 180-200mm length. This method will enable repeatable and accurate stopping points.

For a bidirectional track, 3 sensors would be required, a stop sensor at each end and a brake sensor that is between the two stop sensors.

I'm not sure how large your layout is but cutting your c-track to create occupancy sensors will take longer than removing the track and creating the correct insulation points to separate the two rails and then insulate the sensing track where required.

OK thats great tks. Just explain to me why exactly you have these diodes and where in the circuit are they actually placed? Rgds Greg
Ross
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Ross
Offline Danlake  
#7 Posted : 13 September 2017 02:49:16(UTC)
Danlake

New Zealand   
Hi Greg,

Excellent advice from Eric.

Iam also using Traincontroller and Marklin C tracks.

If you have Traincontroller Gold you don't need to have contact tracks physically where you want the trains to stop. The software has facility to work with shifted brake and stop marker and you can add as many of these as you want in a block. E.g. one stop marker can be defined for freight trains and another for passages trains.

This is good to know in the planning stage, before you start cutting. Some users prefer to have long isolated section. The benefit here is that if a train lost a wagon it will be detected and avoid a crash. However for most users with normal sized layout I would just recommend a contact track in the beginning and in the end. For longer sections you can have one more in the middle. Also remember in Traincontroller you can put delay timers into to the indicator. E.g. Switch off after 2 seconds after the last trigger. This way you avoid flickering where a contact may go on and off due to dirty wheels. Again with these features you don't really need to make a long isolated sections.

You will need a very fine dremel disc to cut the rails else you will end up with a large gap and a big Klank, klank every time a train rolls over! Also do some test with soldering as I believe the rails are stainless steel and not sure it will be easy to solder onto (c tracks are designed with small taps underneath for soldering).

Good luck!

Brgds Lasse
Digital 11m2 layout / C (M&K) tracks / Era IV / CS3 60226 / Train Controller Gold 9 with 4D sound. Mainly Danish and German Locomotives.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Danlake
Offline Gregzim  
#8 Posted : 13 September 2017 03:25:56(UTC)
Gregzim

Australia   
Tks for all the information everyone. I am very glad you mention the Train Controller Gold feature - I read about it in the manual and even wrote to them about it and is really does help in this case. Also as Peter confirmed to me at LDT - I can have several isolated sections (track pieces following in a line) and join the isolated sections together in series and all of them only be plugged into one port on the S88 decoder - thus giving ONE block (with short unsensored sections in between) - What I need to learn is what to instruct Train Controller about these joined sections (or maybe I dont have to - but just stipulate the length overall of them as a block?) One things for sure in all of this - I am not pulling up miles of ballasted C track :) I've got a fine dremmel disc that works well and used it where different sections of the layout join together. After cutting I fill the gap with a 2 part epoxy compound which sets like rock but is malleable at first so you can trim it perfectly before it sets - so no gap at all. (The layout is made up of 5 different sections for moving as it was originally laid down in a room with one door.

If you have knowledge of what to tell TC re the five joined sections - that would be useful thanks.

Rgds

Greg
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Gregzim
Offline Ross  
#9 Posted : 13 September 2017 04:41:21(UTC)
Ross

Australia   
Hi Greg,

The five joined track sections will be treated as one occupancy sensor.

Shame you have ballasted the C-track without the scope to be able to lift/modify the track. I see this as a limitation to get the best out of TrainController. The cost for you is you will have a lot of external wiring.

All the best with your endeavours to use TrainController you are on a big learning journey. BigGrin

Tks for all the information everyone. I am very glad you mention the Train Controller Gold feature - I read about it in the manual and even wrote to them about it and is really does help in this case. Also as Peter confirmed to me at LDT - I can have several isolated sections (track pieces following in a line) and join the isolated sections together in series and all of them only be plugged into one port on the S88 decoder - thus giving ONE block (with short unsensored sections in between) - What I need to learn is what to instruct Train Controller about these joined sections (or maybe I dont have to - but just stipulate the length overall of them as a block?) One things for sure in all of this - I am not pulling up miles of ballasted C track :) I've got a fine dremmel disc that works well and used it where different sections of the layout join together. After cutting I fill the gap with a 2 part epoxy compound which sets like rock but is malleable at first so you can trim it perfectly before it sets - so no gap at all. (The layout is made up of 5 different sections for moving as it was originally laid down in a room with one door.

If you have knowledge of what to tell TC re the five joined sections - that would be useful thanks.

Rgds

Greg

Ross
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Ross
Offline Gregzim  
#10 Posted : 13 September 2017 05:25:08(UTC)
Gregzim

Australia   
Tks. The joy of a hobby - learning:) And it is a hobby - so no deadlines or pressures.
Offline PeFu  
#11 Posted : 13 September 2017 19:05:58(UTC)
PeFu

Sweden   
Originally Posted by: Ross Go to Quoted Post
For a bidirectional track, 3 sensors would be required, a stop sensor at each end and a brake sensor that is between the two stop sensors.

On my previous layout, I followed that principle. However, taking up this hobby again after 10 years, I have spent some time calibrating my (20+) engines: Using DCC features instead of Märklin-Motorola where available, exchanging old Märklin 6090 decoders, adjusting TrainController software settings etc.. Now, every engine stops within +/- 7 cm distance, using only one sensor as brake indicator (and the same sensor as "shifted" stop indicator for both directions) in TrainController. The software still reports the complete block as "occupied". On the new layout, I will now use only one sensor on line blocks, and two sensors on switchyard blocks (where train length is more challenging).

Cool
Andreasburg-Mattiasberg Bahn is inspired by Swiss railways |Forum Thread |Track Plan |Youtube | C and K track | CS2 | TrainController Gold V10
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by PeFu
Offline Danlake  
#12 Posted : 13 September 2017 22:01:33(UTC)
Danlake

New Zealand   

Rgds

Greg

Hi Greg,

Not sure why you wanted to join 5 seperate cut sections and wire them up as one occupancy sensor. As Ross mentioned it will be treated as one indicator in Traincontroller. As mentioned earlier, unless you want bulletproof exhibition style layout with as much tracks monitored as possible (to detect e.g. lost uncoupled cars) there is really no need to have long isolated sections of contact tracks.

For a mainblock line with no signals (or need to stop in front of an actual signal) you would just have one contact track. So you could just cut one of your standard 24188 tracks with a 10 cm gap. For bi directional driving and on platforms, switching yards etc. do a similiar section in each end and maybe in the middle on longer sections.

So of my smallest contact tracks is just a standard piece 24077 and works fine.

The trick with automation is to ensure you have enough blocks to ensure smooth running. If you have an oval with only a few blocks, the trains will frequent stop awaiting for line clear ahead. The more blocks you have the more flexibility and smooth running. But a block does not necessarily need a lots of contact tracks, many times one will just do. Anything between turnouts should ideally be treated as a block.

Good luck with the project and keep us updated on your progressThumpUp

Brgds Lasse
Digital 11m2 layout / C (M&K) tracks / Era IV / CS3 60226 / Train Controller Gold 9 with 4D sound. Mainly Danish and German Locomotives.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Danlake
Offline Ross  
#13 Posted : 14 September 2017 01:10:45(UTC)
Ross

Australia   
Hello Greg/All,

Having just one sensor per block I see as an economy measure and doesn't provide good practice for reliable train control. Read the manual and you will find that Mr Freiwald gives examples and suggests the best options for reliable and easy train control.

All sensing is time based so temperature, lubrication, wear and tear can all affect how well the train runs on a particular day. If the train runs slower it will be short of the required stopping position and if it runs faster it will over run the required stopping position. Having a dedicated stop sensor in heavy traffic areas is a good idea.
The weakest item in the system are Marklin point motors. If a point fails and the train enters an occupied block you can prevent a crash by having one free sensor (reverse direction stop marker) that will detect the train entering the wrong block and stop the train.

Greg as you are on a big learning curve I can only suggest you remain flexible with the number of sensors per block and be prepared to change how things are done when a problem arises. Once you start running trains with TrainController you will find observation, observation and observation will become your mantra for improving how your trains run.

Last but not least enjoy yourself.

Ross
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Ross
Offline Minok  
#14 Posted : 14 September 2017 02:10:23(UTC)
Minok

United States   
Looks like you got all the answers and details you already require.

To sum it up:

1) isolated sections of track are electrically separate track segments (where the two rails are not electrically connected). They are used to detect a train/rolling stock on that section of track.

2) blocks are a control concept - a segment of track that is regulated by controlling software (or operator) - and are composed isolated track sections (0 or more) and non-isolated track sections. Example: a single block can be an isolated section -> non-isolated section -> isolated section

3) S88 sensing detects that the isolated section of rail is connected to the ground/return rail on the opposite side of the track by way of the wheels/axels of the rolling stock and locomotives.

4) diode trick: When you isolate a section of a rail, you are effectively removing it as a ground/return for the power to the locomotive, so 1/2 of the wheels of the locomotive are no longer there to act as current returns for the power. If the track is dirty, or the loco is very short (few wheels), this can sometimes cause power problems for the locomotive. The diode trick allows you to isolate a section of track for S88 detection while still providing a way to use that isolated rail segment to be used by the locomotives power system as a return/ground for running - improving the reliability of operation through the diode-trick enhanced isolated section. But it is not required nor part of S88 detection per se.

For doing the modifications to your already ballasted track, I'd build a small board mounted and ballast run of track like your layout has, with c-track, and practice the technique you will uses to isolate the sections and get the wires attached to them.. that way you can work with it easier and perfect the technique BEFORE you take dremel to the permanently installed layout.
Toys of tin and wood rule!
---
My Layout Thread on marklin-users.net: InterCity 1-3-4
My YouTube Channel:
https://youtube.com/@intercity134
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Minok
Offline Gregzim  
#15 Posted : 14 September 2017 03:11:19(UTC)
Gregzim

Australia   
Really great and indepth replies. Thank you all very much. I now get it. Next comes the application. (I like the idea of practicing first on the track - tks :) )

Rgds Greg
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Gregzim
Offline Gregzim  
#16 Posted : 14 September 2017 12:59:23(UTC)
Gregzim

Australia   
Hi Again. I was just re reading all your comments and looking at the general thought that long isolated sections are not needed but instead just short ones to trigger block beginnings middles and ends - I assume therefore that in that case - trigger contact such as reed switches, IR and optical trgigers are just as good?

In fact using such devises one can really easily use these triggers in all places where information is needed by Train Controller - such as the suggestion that where a turnout fails - a reed switch for example immediately after the switch will tell TC that train is off in the wrong direction for the particular route it was set to go down?

So no rail cutting is required at all.

All thoughts welcome re TC in this structure.

Rgds

Greg
Offline Minok  
#17 Posted : 14 September 2017 16:55:25(UTC)
Minok

United States   
Yes but you can only detect the thing that triggers whatever solution type you use. With the isolated section S88 detection you also detect the wagons. With the other types you typically only detect the locomotive. Also if using reed stitches triggered by a magnet placed under the loco, if you offset this to one side and need to run in both directions on a line you would need two switches on the track.

Cutting track and soldering on wiring in the isolated section of rail for each area. Or drilling holes into the track bed and installing a reed switch into every detection area. And running those wires underneath. Installing an IR optical sensor along or in the track also requires installing wiring and the optical emitter/sensor. It's also a matter of you having to modify the various cars on the layout if you also need to detect them and not using isolated rail type detection. It's a matter of what type of thing to install and how much visible stuff you are fine with being added to the track work.
---
My YouTube Channel:
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Minok
Offline Danlake  
#18 Posted : 14 September 2017 21:19:11(UTC)
Danlake

New Zealand   
Hi Greg,

I have with great success used infrared sensors from Azatrax on my part of M track. However it does clutter up the track scene and requires lots of wiring.

I would not recommend reed switches due to the issues as Minok mentioned. So you could maybe do a combination of contact tracks and infra red sensors?

Brgds Lasse
Offline Gregzim  
#19 Posted : 15 September 2017 11:28:05(UTC)
Gregzim

Australia   
Tks. I do agree that a mix will work. I did buy some IR and board from Azatrax and have read how effective pointing the transmitter diagonally down tge track can cover a pretty good distance.

Yes its funny about wiring. Originally dcc was lauded as the simple wiring solution but in the end it has its own extra leyers anyway.

When travel the real train world there are so many trackside things anyway I dont worry about IR posts at all.

Tks for all your thoughts. Greg
Offline DaleSchultz  
#20 Posted : 15 September 2017 18:09:44(UTC)
DaleSchultz

United States   
see also http://cabin-layout.blog...11/computer-control.html especially the parts that talk about s88 placements..
Dale
Intellibox + own software, K-Track
My current layout: https://cabin-layout.mixmox.com
Arrival and Departure signs: https://remotesign.mixmox.com
Offline DaleSchultz  
#21 Posted : 15 September 2017 18:34:36(UTC)
DaleSchultz

United States   
so tell me what I am missing about the 'diode trick'....

I understand the idea that the diode allows additional grounding. As I see it however the additional grounding can only help if the s88 is NOT being triggered.

Imagine an isolated length of track 10cm long and that section is connected to the s88 in question.
Now lets run a locomotive onto that track. Lets assume it has only three axles, spaced 15mm apart.

Axle 1 crosses over to the isolated section. It bridges the non-isolated rail to the isolated rail. (This brings the s88 'high' = 'on')
Now axle 2 crosses over, it too bridges the two rails.
At this point, if either axle 1 or axle 2 lose contact with one of the running rails, then both axles are still grounded through the other axle or the non-isolated rail.
Only if both axles lose contact at the same time, and on the non-isolated side (probability of 0.25), will these two axles lose their ground contact. The third axle will still be as grounded to the same extent as with the diode installed as it has not yet reached the isolated rail. In this case the loco will still be grounded.

As you can see, the more axles that are on the isolated section the lower the probability that all axles lose contact with the ground.
Axles on the isolated section can also include non-loco axles.
Thus the longer the length of isolated rail, the less need there is to allow grounding via a diode.

If the set of axles does not bridge the two running rails then the s88 will not work at all, so adding a diode for this case may help the loco get grounded but it won't help the fact that the s88 will not get triggered. This case is the same same as not having the s88 detection point at all.

So, am I missing something if I conclude that instead of adding diodes the following will suffice:

- Keep isolated sections longer than the distance between the leading pair of axles.
- Keep the track clean

This will ensure that the s88 detection works well and the loco will obtain proper grounding.

I have never added diodes to my s88 connections and I do not have issues with locos losing ground contact.

Note that if pushing a consist with the loco at the rear, the s88 detection is achieved by the leading axles of the first car, and it does not need power to keep the train rolling, even the asinine special trains that have pickups at both ends and insist on switching between one or the other pickup depending on direction of travel.

Now if people are running wheel sets that are for DC, then those axles will not bridge the isolated rail and only the loco axles (or any AC axles) will work.

Dale
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by DaleSchultz
Offline DaleSchultz  
#22 Posted : 25 September 2017 21:04:27(UTC)
DaleSchultz

United States   
so can anyone refute any of the thoughts on this so called diode trick? Am I missing something or is everyone who is adding diodes fooled by false logic?
Dale
Offline Jabez  
#23 Posted : 25 September 2017 21:46:51(UTC)
Jabez

Belgium   
Originally Posted by: Danlake Go to Quoted Post

I would not recommend reed switches due to the issues as Minok mentioned.
Brgds Lasse

Please excuse me from butting in, but every reed switch I have tried (Maerklin or Viessmann) with C track has always caused unacceptable bumping or displacement in the sliders or wheels of the vehicles passing over it, no matter how carefully I installed it or how tightly I screwed it down.
Is there some trick to reed switch installation that I am missing?
I heard that lonesome whistle blow. Hank Williams
Offline Minok  
#24 Posted : 25 September 2017 21:55:18(UTC)
Minok

United States   
A german language PDF on the issue ( http://www.moba-tipps.de/diodentrick.pdf ) describes the issue as being if concern (the issue of lost ground contact) for only a small subset of scenarios, but includes a situation you didn't consider, but must be present in enough peoples layout constructions that it became a thing to find a solution for: track not laid flat, but instead slightly twisted.

The condition described is where a 2 axel short locomotive is on a track that is slightly twisted so at a given point, only the front right wheel and the rear left wheel have contact to the tracks (the front left and rear right being in the air). Given the traction tire is on the rear left, while the front right as only other rail-contacting wheel is on the isolated track : no ground.

So in poor rail laydown with very small locos, this can be an issue; the length of the isolation section is not relevant. With larger locos this does indeed appear to be a non-issue.
---
My YouTube Channel:
Offline Minok  
#25 Posted : 25 September 2017 21:56:54(UTC)
Minok

United States   
Originally Posted by: Jabez Go to Quoted Post

Brgds Lasse

Please excuse me from butting in, but every reed switch I have tried (Maerklin or Viessmann) with C track has always caused unacceptable bumping or displacement in the sliders or wheels of the vehicles passing over it, no matter how carefully I installed it or how tightly I screwed it down.

I've seen folks install the reed switches below the plastic track bed along the line of the center conductor. Not sure what affect that has on the magnet needs.
---
My YouTube Channel:
Offline PMPeter  
#26 Posted : 25 September 2017 22:00:03(UTC)
PMPeter

Canada   
Originally Posted by: Jabez Go to Quoted Post

Brgds Lasse

I use a lot of these for both K and C track and have no issues. Since you mention C track I just want to clarify that the plastic spacer is not required since it would raise the reed switch too high. The other thing to be careful with is that the very small tab at each end needs to fit under the rail at each end. If it does not go under the rail in one tie spacing go to the next tie spacing to ensure it goes under the rail. If not it will be too high and cause the problem you are describing. Also if you have a very tight curve radius have the reed part on the inside of the curve otherwise you could encounter wheel contact on the outside curve rail.

These last 2 items are the only problems I encountered initially and were a quick fix.

Peter
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by PMPeter
Offline applor  
#27 Posted : 25 September 2017 23:55:01(UTC)
applor

Australia   
Sure, in an ideal situation you don't need it and just have the one rail for earth. This is essentially 2 rail DC.
We have all heard reports about bad running on 2 rail DC layouts though.
I find the centre stud conducts without issue due to the self cleaning mechanism of a slider, so having 2 earthed rails and not just 1 does improve running if the rail is a bit dirty.
This is what the diode trick does when using one rail for detection, though as mentioned it is only half wave earth.
Offline DaleSchultz  
#28 Posted : 26 September 2017 15:58:23(UTC)
DaleSchultz

United States   
thanks Minok, that makes more sense - the twisted rail case with 2 axle locos. Does Märklin even make a 2 axle loco?

Length is only a saviour if the wheels of other wagons have reached the isolated section. As in pushing, which tends to be rare.
Dale
Offline torhb  
#29 Posted : 26 September 2017 16:30:52(UTC)
torhb

Hi Dale.

Two axle loks: Glaskasten, Köf II, Köf III, Schienenbus. Just to name a few.

Regards

Tor
Tor Harald Bøhler
Oppegård, Norway
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by torhb
Offline Minok  
#30 Posted : 26 September 2017 19:22:22(UTC)
Minok

United States   
Originally Posted by: torhb Go to Quoted Post
Hi Dale.

Two axle loks: Glaskasten, Köf II, Köf III, Schienenbus. Just to name a few.

Regards

Tor

To make it more visual:

Schienenbus 39988
Capture.PNG

Köf 36819
These are especially affected as these locomotives tend to be employed in industrial switching yards and then have to deal with all the turnouts as well.
Capture.PNG

Glaskasten 36862
Capture.PNG
---
My YouTube Channel:
Offline RayF  
#31 Posted : 26 September 2017 20:26:32(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Some more 4 wheel locos

E69
UserPostedImage

Wismar Railbus
UserPostedImage

Kittel railbus
UserPostedImage

Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by RayF
Offline DaleSchultz  
#32 Posted : 27 September 2017 17:38:22(UTC)
DaleSchultz

United States   
indeed! I even have Köf myself!
Dale
Offline xxup  
#33 Posted : 19 February 2019 22:33:59(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Originally Posted by: Ross Go to Quoted Post
Having just one sensor per block I see as an economy measure and doesn't provide good practice for reliable train control. Read the manual and you will find that Mr Freiwald gives examples and suggests the best options for reliable and easy train control...

I agree 100% with this..
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com