Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline sudibarba  
#1 Posted : 30 May 2017 03:15:50(UTC)
sudibarba

United States   
I have an early CS2 Ser #1807 that does not respond to the stylus anymore.
Using the mouse I can do everything (I think). I have tried rebooting, downloading
the latest software, etc.

One of the control buttons does not work. I can control everything with the mouse.
Considering all of these problems is there anything I can do to try to correct the issues through
some of the software? I don't think so but I don't know.

The real issue is should I send it in for repair or just move on to the new version as mine is getting old.

If I do that, what should I do with my old one?

Eric
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#2 Posted : 30 May 2017 04:00:11(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Hi Eric, have you tried recalibrating the screen?

There is an option for this in the CS2 Setup menus.

Even if some of the physical buttons do not work, there is the option to control by mouse (which you're already doing) and also the option to control the CS2 with the Marklin PC control software running on a PC network connected to the CS2.
Offline franciscohg  
#3 Posted : 30 May 2017 04:30:52(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
If recalibrating dont work, perhaps the touchscreen is faulty. They are available on ebay, changing it is very easy. If you are not able to do it, any cell phone repairing service could. Also you can donwload the CS2 software from Marklin and make all the control from your PC
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by franciscohg
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#4 Posted : 30 May 2017 11:32:02(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Hi Francisco, do you have details of the touchscreen to search for?

Is this it?

http://m.ebay.com/itm/1P...a6fffeeab4%257Ciid%253A2
Offline franciscohg  
#5 Posted : 30 May 2017 14:11:44(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Hi, they appeared as original M parts on ebay.de while i was looking for a new cable for my MS1, since i dont need it, i dont payed too much attention, but they are there. As for they replacement procedure, i have fully disassembled my 60215 for complete cleanup and curiosity.
I have some airport time later, i will take a deeper look. Also, the code in the connection strip should be enough to get the part. Will check at my CS when i am back home
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by franciscohg
Offline David Dewar  
#6 Posted : 30 May 2017 17:10:44(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Probably not the cause in your case but dust can get under the sides of the screen which can create a problem. Smaller Hoover can clear this as I found.
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by David Dewar
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#7 Posted : 30 May 2017 18:23:50(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: David Dewar Go to Quoted Post
Probably not the cause in your case but dust can get under the sides of the screen which can create a problem. Smaller Hoover can clear this as I found.

Yes, as I found out to the cost of a few nights trying to sort the problem out. It happened to both my CS1 and CS2 at the same time...

A brush also helps to remove dust / dirt from under the screen bezel.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline petestra  
#8 Posted : 30 May 2017 21:30:12(UTC)
petestra

United States   
Hi Eric. Sorry you're having these troubles. Try contacting Marklin Digital usa on Facebook. They helped me out with the new CS3.

Good Luck, Peter. Cool
Offline sudibarba  
#9 Posted : 30 May 2017 23:26:51(UTC)
sudibarba

United States   
Thanks for all the response. Tried recalibrating but it did not help. Interesting that I could
use the stylus to do the recalibration but it does not work for regular duty. I'm sure I can use my i pad
with the app to do everything and will test it tonight.

But, I still don't like not having the thing working correctly. When it was was only one train select button in failure
I could live with that. I will pursue the touch screen change option and cleaning option. May bite the bullet and go to
CS3 or whatever is the latest.

Thanks,
Eric
Offline franciscohg  
#10 Posted : 02 June 2017 00:48:49(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Well, as usual when you are looking for something you cannot find it anymore.
Will make a time to dismantle my CS2 and check the touchscreen code to find a part in the next couple of days
Regards
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by franciscohg
Offline sudibarba  
#11 Posted : 06 June 2017 03:47:13(UTC)
sudibarba

United States   
Thank you Francisco.
I got an email from Euromodel Trains offering a CS3 for $639 us dollars. I went ahead and ordered it.
I assume I can connect my Transformer and booster etc. I'll deal with all of that as required.

I don't know what I will do with my CS2 so any info would be helpful but do not risk taken apart you CS2
to help me.

The cost to send the unit back to Marklin would probably be out of site with the shipping to Germany and their
generally high prices. I would still have the older technology but that's not a big deal as I never used all of the
capabilities of the CS2.

Thanks,
Eric

Offline H0  
#12 Posted : 08 June 2017 10:14:20(UTC)
H0

Hi, Eric!
Originally Posted by: sudibarba Go to Quoted Post
I assume I can connect my Transformer and booster etc.
Booster yes, transformer no.
CS2 power supplies can be used with the CS3, CS2 transformers can not.
You'll be fine if your "transformer" has DC on the output side (then it ain't no transformer, but a power supply). If it delivers AC then you will have to get a power supply (DC).
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline franciscohg  
#13 Posted : 10 June 2017 17:24:46(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Well, absolutely no luck at all with the search, neither on ebay ( i suppose the ones i came across where a limited suply, perhpas taken out of burned CS2 and already sold ) neither with screen codes, will keep an eye on it eventually.
Sorry
best regards
Offline sudibarba  
#14 Posted : 15 June 2017 01:44:31(UTC)
sudibarba

United States   
I have the new CS3 in hand and the power supply on the way. Any ideas what it might cost to
send the CS2 to Marklin for repair. I know shipping but their charges are the issue. Is it worth
it as a new CS3 is $650 + in the USA. It might work as a slave to the CS3 but I don't know why I
would need it. It works as I have stated before using the mouse. One of the buttons does not
work but I can get around all of that. I just feel it may keep going down hill without repair to the
touchscreen etc.
What to do. Trash it (probably would keep it as a spare - more junk) or what ?

Eric
Offline foumaro  
#15 Posted : 15 June 2017 09:02:24(UTC)
foumaro

Greece   
You have your new controller and you have no reason to be hurry.Be patient and try to find the better sollution.Maybe you can find someone who can buy the controller for a fair price for him and you and fix it.I do not think that this controller can help you with another way.Just my opinion.
Enjoy your new controller.ThumpUp
Offline JohnjeanB  
#16 Posted : 08 July 2017 15:26:09(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Originally Posted by: sudibarba Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for all the response. Tried recalibrating but it did not help. Interesting that I could
use the stylus to do the recalibration but it does not work for regular duty. I'm sure I can use my i pad
with the app to do everything and will test it tonight.

But, I still don't like not having the thing working correctly. When it was was only one train select button in failure
I could live with that. I will pursue the touch screen change option and cleaning option. May bite the bullet and go to
CS3 or whatever is the latest.

Thanks,
Eric

Hi Eric,

Sorry my answer is so late. If recalibrating works with the stylus (not an external mouse) then for sure you have no hardware problem but a software one.
I would try to:
1 save data on a USB stick
2 erase all data
3 connect to the Marklin Website to have the CS2 verified
Cheers

Jean
PS: I opened my CS2 and if you are careful it is not so complex. Just be careful with the flat cables connecting the screen w. the electronics