Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline CanadianKid  
#1 Posted : 29 April 2017 07:59:19(UTC)
CanadianKid

Canada   
Hi,
Today I attempted to finish the installation of a Seuthe no 24 smoke generator into my Bavarian G 5/5. I ran into a rather large issue as the smoke generator would not go far enough into the stack so the generator would push too far down on the contact tongue, resulting in poor amounts of smoke generated. I proceeded to file the interior of the smoke stack a little bit, but from what I could tell, that is not the issue. I believe that the smoke generator will not go far enough into the stack because the part where the smoke generator increases in diameter, (the bottom bit), is already touching the top of the inside of the boiler.
Anyways, I'm not to sure if that was coherent entirely, so I can always post photos in the morning if this makes little to no sense.
Any ideas on how to rectify this issue? (Is it possible that this is the wrong smoke generator?)
Thanks in Advance,
Matthew

Edited by user 29 April 2017 19:45:05(UTC)  | Reason: Status of Post changed to Solved

Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 29 April 2017 08:50:29(UTC)
H0

Hi!

Usually you need Seuthe No. 20 for digital Märklin locos. Using No. 24 instead of Seuthe No. 20 results in less smoke being generated.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline CanadianKid  
#3 Posted : 29 April 2017 19:44:34(UTC)
CanadianKid

Canada   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Hi!

Usually you need Seuthe No. 20 for digital Märklin locos. Using No. 24 instead of Seuthe No. 20 results in less smoke being generated.

Yeah thanks,
My dealer gave me the wrong one I guess. I'm new to this installation process; this is only my second time doing it.
Thanks for the Help,
Matthew
Offline Crazy Harry  
#4 Posted : 29 April 2017 22:39:58(UTC)
Crazy Harry

Canada   
According to the Seuthe website the 20 and 24 smoke generators have the same physical dimensions. The only difference is the operating voltage:

Model 20 is rated for 10 to 16V AC or DC
Model 24 is rated for 16 to 22V AC or DC

The Marklin website calls for smoke generator 72270 which translates to Seuthe 20 according to the service section (Seuthe Service Info) of Seuthe's site. Seuthe also states that model 20 is the correct smoke generator for Marklin digital locomotives as H0 has mentioned above. The voltage difference probably explains your weaker smoke generation.

Hope this helps,

Harold.
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Crazy Harry