Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Donb  
#1 Posted : 30 January 2017 20:36:32(UTC)
Donb

Canada   
Hi all,

I currently have a layout controlled by a MS2, and have 4 C track decoders installed in some of my turnouts. This works great, however I have 8 more turnouts that I'd like to digitally controll, but the c track decoders are quite expensive, compared to a couple of m83 decoders.

My questions:

1) I see that there is a dip switch for setting the decoder address on the m83, but how do you set the 4 individual output addresses?

2) I see there is a new m83 coming in 2017, is there a good reason to wait for it, rather than buying the current m83 (60831)?

3) will I need the 60821 accessory kit for my turnout motors 74491? I don't fully understand the function of this kit.Huh

Thanks, in advance, for help

Don
Best Regards,
Don
___________________________________________________________________________________
CS3, ( Commander is now retired) , C track and Z scale, mostly DB/DR and SBB, SJ
Offline Donb  
#2 Posted : 30 January 2017 23:27:33(UTC)
Donb

Canada   
OK, by locating and reading the users manual for the m83 i found the answer to my question #1. Blushing

Don
Best Regards,
Don
___________________________________________________________________________________
CS3, ( Commander is now retired) , C track and Z scale, mostly DB/DR and SBB, SJ