Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Profpetrof  
#1 Posted : 24 November 2016 11:03:15(UTC)
Profpetrof

South Africa   
Dear All,

after a very busy year I have rewarded myself with a used Central Station 1 (60212 reloaded) with S88 feedback.

I have yet to receive the unit, but looking forward to enjoying a long holiday with lots of Marklin fun.

I have in addition to the CS1 downloaded Rocrail, and started modelling my layout.

I would like to know any info on running a layout through Rocrail, using the Central Station 1 and S88 feedback. Does anyone have info on doing this, tips, tricks, support?

Would appreciate any information regarding this.

Kind Regards to all
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Profpetrof
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 24 November 2016 12:08:38(UTC)
H0

Hi!
Originally Posted by: Profpetrof Go to Quoted Post
Would appreciate any information regarding this.
I don't have any Rocrail experience.
But since the 60212 "Reloaded" is about 98% compatible to the ECoS 50000 (100% software-compatible), you can also google for information about Rocrail and ECoS.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline applor  
#3 Posted : 02 February 2017 00:52:02(UTC)
applor

Australia   
I am in the process of building my layout with S88/Rocrail as well.

I think you will need to be more specific in your questioning as this is quite a big subject matter.

Possible issues? Some users reported that S88 feedback can be troublesome with certain s/w versions though I believe this was more in regards to the CS2.
I have opted to use the HSI S88 bus module to bypass any possible software issues with a CS2/3 when I get one.

The other issue can be the S88 bus length with the old style ribbon cable which can cause interference and bad feedback.
Keep your ribbon cable lengths short or use an S88 module with the S88-N standard (RJ45 connectors with cat5 cable)

There are step by step guides for building and programming your layout in Rocrail.

Once you wire up your S88 zones and program your points etc you can test it all in Rocrail to ensure feedback is working.

For your station/block areas use a minimum of 2 feedbacks, one large one for 'enter' and a shorter one of standard length (I went for about 20cm) for 'in'.

edit: also, you have not told us what track you are using or what S88 module. My last recommendation is to build some diode boards if you are monitoring all rails:
http://members.ozemail.c.../pdf/the_diode_trick.pdf
modelling era IIIa (1951-1955) Germany
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by applor