Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline PMPeter  
#1 Posted : 23 November 2016 18:35:05(UTC)
PMPeter

Canada   
I have a Fleischmann 6652 turntable controlled by an LDT TT-DEC decoder from my CS2. I want to add a cabin light, flashing light and possibly signals on the bridge. There is a YouTube video available that shows the conversion of the DC version of this turntable to add the cabin light and controlling it with an ESU function decoder type 52620.

So this brings me to my question, how do you program and control the function decoder on the CS2 since it is not a loc and it is not a keyboard accessory? I'm obviously missing a concept here.

Secondly, has anyone done this and somehow coordinated the control of the lights and signals with the turntable operation? I know that Digital Bahn offers a complete conversion set but I'm not prepared to invest in that system right now.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Peter
Offline Ross  
#2 Posted : 23 November 2016 23:04:47(UTC)
Ross

Australia   
Hello Peter,

I have added a cabin light and flashing lights to my turntable and have documented how I did it, see below.

Documentation

The Video

I hope you find it useful.

Originally Posted by: PMPeter Go to Quoted Post
I have a Fleischmann 6652 turntable controlled by an LDT TT-DEC decoder from my CS2. I want to add a cabin light, flashing light and possibly signals on the bridge. There is a YouTube video available that shows the conversion of the DC version of this turntable to add the cabin light and controlling it with an ESU function decoder type 52620.

So this brings me to my question, how do you program and control the function decoder on the CS2 since it is not a loc and it is not a keyboard accessory? I'm obviously missing a concept here.

Secondly, has anyone done this and somehow coordinated the control of the lights and signals with the turntable operation? I know that Digital Bahn offers a complete conversion set but I'm not prepared to invest in that system right now.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Peter

Ross
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Ross
Offline PMPeter  
#3 Posted : 28 November 2016 16:37:12(UTC)
PMPeter

Canada   
Hi Ross,

That was very informative and well done. Thanks.

The electronics portion is pretty straight forward, however, I shudder to think how tedious it was to add those LEDs on the two signal masts!

Since you are using computer control software and macros I see how you were able to synchronize the signals with the turntable movement. However, without computer control is this possible with just a CS2? This is where I am struggling trying to figure out how to program and control the ESU function decoder.

Has anyone done that?

Peter
Offline Ross  
#4 Posted : 28 November 2016 23:19:31(UTC)
Ross

Australia   
Hello Peter,

Glad you found the documentation useful.

Instead of modifying the existing plastic light masts you could use Viessmann Block/yard signals.

On page 6 I have supplied the LokProgrammer project file which you could use or you should be able to program the individual CV's as suggested in DCC mode on your CS2.

As for control, it sound as if you control your trains manually with the CS2 so controlling your turntable signals is just another locomotive with functions that you program on your CS2.

If you want automatic control then you will need to set up s88 contacts that will then switch your locomotive functions and this may be possible with the CS2 but since I don't have one and I don't know what/how you control your trains I can't advise how this would be done.

Regards
Ross

Originally Posted by: PMPeter Go to Quoted Post
Hi Ross,

That was very informative and well done. Thanks.

The electronics portion is pretty straight forward, however, I shudder to think how tedious it was to add those LEDs on the two signal masts!

Since you are using computer control software and macros I see how you were able to synchronize the signals with the turntable movement. However, without computer control is this possible with just a CS2? This is where I am struggling trying to figure out how to program and control the ESU function decoder.

Has anyone done that?

Peter

Ross
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Ross