Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline DV  
#1 Posted : 29 October 2016 07:25:43(UTC)
DV

Australia   
Before visiting MiWuLa, had to keep another promise to my grandsons, that I would take them to the Märklin Museum.

A good time was had by allBigGrinBigGrin ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp BigGrin BigGrin

Everyone was duly impressed, even my son, daughter and her husband. Many questions were asked and not just by the boys.

The background noise you hear on the videos are mainly the boys having a great time. And, we were the only ones there for most of the time.

Enjoy.

Had to cobble together two videos together as I was distracted by the boys with questions.

This is the Minitrix N scale layout

Sorry for the shakesSad Sad Sad Sad
Dusan V
'I find your lack of faith (in Märklin) disturbing'
thanks 13 users liked this useful post by DV
Offline Harvey  
#2 Posted : 29 October 2016 08:05:12(UTC)
Harvey

United States   
Sounds like a great family outing.

Harvey
Offline TEEWolf  
#3 Posted : 01 November 2016 03:41:09(UTC)
TEEWolf

Hello DV,

nice family trip and nice movies. Very well done and about what shakes were you writing?

It remembers me at my student time in Cologne, I once had a family (a couple with two kids) from Australia in my taxi cab (yeah I was a part time taxi driver for financing my study) who were on a world wide sightseeing (yes, a “wws” not “www” BigGrin) holiday tour. The only reason coming to Germany, was a visit of the cathedral in Cologne, the "Kölner Dom".

It reminds me after all this years (almost 40 Years ago!), because it was a very pleasant trip and we had a very nice chat during the trip from the airport to the cathedral. For myself, it was hard to understand, somebody is flying with his family around the world, just to see a church. A church which I saw every day. A church which was (and still is) quite normal to me! I just saw it with different eyes. But as the church is normal to me, it was normal to the family to fly such a long distance to see the Kölner Dom. Since this day I see the Kölner Dom with different eyes, nevertheless it is still normal to me.

And suchlike happens to me with the Märklin Museum now. Yes, I visited it too (not yet at the IMA days) and I passed it a few times on business trips, and often I had a short break in the nearby McDonalds or Burger King. And again, a family is flying around the world to see this museum. Sometimes live doubles. I guess, I have to attend the IMA days next year again and see the Märklin Museum again. Obviously Märklin has renewed all their layouts.

DV, have you also been at the Minaturwunderland (MiWuLa) in Hamburg? I cannot do as nice films as you did, but I can send you a link about MRRs in Europe.

http://www.swr.de/eisenb...98578/1nsz81p/index.html

A new series of “Eisenbahn-Romantik” in the SWR (= “SüdWestRundfunk” - a public owned German television broadcasting company). They mix up scenes from the MiWuLa with original railroad films. For me very well done, but 1,5 hours long.

In November I plan to visit the MiWuLa in Hamburg, to see their new opened section Italy.

Regards

TEEWolf
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by TEEWolf
Offline DV  
#4 Posted : 01 November 2016 06:26:44(UTC)
DV

Australia   
Originally Posted by: TEEWolf Go to Quoted Post
Hello DV,

And suchlike happens to me with the Märklin Museum now. Yes, I visited it too (not yet at the IMA days) and I passed it a few times on business trips, and often I had a short break in the nearby McDonalds or Burger King. And again, a family is flying around the world to see this museum. Sometimes live doubles. I guess, I have to attend the IMA days next year again and see the Märklin Museum again. Obviously Märklin has renewed all their layouts.

DV, have you also been at the Minaturwunderland (MiWuLa) in Hamburg? I cannot do as nice films as you did, but I can send you a link about MRRs in Europe.

The trip was also to see family in Serbia, Germany and England (I'm from Serbian/German/Hungarian stock and my wife is from Australian/English/Scottish stock) and I had promised my grandsons that when we did this family trip (to show off the grandsons to the families in Europe) I would take them to the Museum and MiWuLa (see this post Bella Italia). We also went to Denmark so they could go to Legoland.

And I plan to be at the next Märklintage next September, so hopefully I might see you thereThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp BigGrin BigGrin

Dusan V
'I find your lack of faith (in Märklin) disturbing'
Offline kiwiAlan  
#5 Posted : 01 November 2016 18:09:04(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: TEEWolf Go to Quoted Post

A new series of “Eisenbahn-Romantik” in the SWR (= “SüdWestRundfunk” - a public owned German television broadcasting company).

Speaking of which, I saw something the other day that hagen von Ortloff who has fronted that show, along with many Marklin videos is retiring, I think the announcement I saw was in marklin magazine.

I met him a few years ago at the Bochum-Dalhausen Railway Museum while on holiday to see the Dortmund show in April. Very nice chap to speak to, knows English well, and quite approachable. He had his crew with him doing some filming for a video they were doing.

Prompted me to get the Preiser figure set of him and film crew.

Offline steventrain  
#6 Posted : 01 November 2016 19:07:14(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Great videos, thanks for watching.
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline Troy Yang  
#7 Posted : 11 November 2016 09:31:16(UTC)
Troy Yang

United States   
Wonderful.
Marklin HO - all eras and everything.
Offline jvuye  
#8 Posted : 11 November 2016 10:23:58(UTC)
jvuye

Belgium   
Originally Posted by: DV Go to Quoted Post

And I plan to be at the next Märklintage next September, so hopefully I might see you thereThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp BigGrin BigGrin

I've made a note of it.
I plan to be there too, if all goes well.Wink
Looking forward

Jacques Vuye aka Dr.Eisenbahn
Once a vandal, learned to be better and had great success!
Offline hansmed  
#9 Posted : 23 January 2017 16:17:21(UTC)
hansmed

United States   
really awesome
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by hansmed
DV
Offline michelvr  
#10 Posted : 23 January 2017 16:26:58(UTC)
michelvr

Canada   
Thank you for taking the time to post these videos.

Michel
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by michelvr
DV