Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline shannon  
#1 Posted : 15 October 2016 05:08:56(UTC)
shannon

I tried to slide the bar of ABV and started up the ABV function but I cannot see the effect and difference of running characteristic.
Do I make wrong setting ? How is your experience with it and how to correspondingly and repectively set up the ABV ?
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 15 October 2016 07:51:22(UTC)
H0

Hi!
Originally Posted by: shannon Go to Quoted Post
How is your experience with it and how to correspondingly and repectively set up the ABV?
It works great.
Set the values you want.

Remember that the ABV function (usually F4) turns ABV off.
Set large values for ABV to see the difference.
I use 16 seconds (CS1, MS1) which translates to 64 on the user-friendly CS2/MS2 for acceleration and 12 seconds (48) for breaking. These values are for mfx decoders. For fx decoders it's 22 and 16 respectively.

The maximum value for mfx decoders is 255 or 63.75 seconds. You will notice the difference if you go to extremes, but loco will be difficult to handle.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline shannon  
#3 Posted : 15 October 2016 13:57:48(UTC)
shannon

Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Hi!
How is your experience with it and how to correspondingly and repectively set up the ABV?
It works great.
Set the values you want.

I use 16 seconds (CS1, MS1) which translates to 64 on the user-friendly CS2/MS2 for acceleration and 12 seconds (48) for breaking. These values are for mfx decoders. For fx decoders it's 22 and 16 respectively.

The maximum value for mfx decoders is 255 or 63.75 seconds. You will notice the difference if you go to extremes, but loco will be difficult to handle.

Hi! Tom

Thanks for your sharing. I tried to set the parameter of brake delay up to 255 with mfx+ decoder and turn off F4.
Indeed, i saw the difference but the premise is it should speed down to 0 promptly from the highest speed. The wheels kept rolling for about 10 seconds to stop. Did it work normal ?

Offline Minok  
#4 Posted : 17 October 2016 21:36:27(UTC)
Minok

United States   
Hi!
It works great.
Set the values you want.

Hi! Tom

Thanks for your sharing. I tried to set the parameter of brake delay up to 255 with mfx+ decoder and turn off F4.
Indeed, i saw the difference but the premise is it should speed down to 0 promptly from the highest speed. The wheels kept rolling for about 10 seconds to stop. Did it work normal ?

The way ABV should work (when enabled - ie the F4 icon is NOT selected to disable ABV).. is that it ramps down from the current speed to the selected speed over some time. So if the train is running at some high speed X, and you turn the speed control for the train down to 0 instantly, then the locomotive will not instantly stop, but instead will slow down gradually. The larger the ABV braking value, the more time/distance that takes.

Similar on the acceleration side.
Toys of tin and wood rule!
---
My Layout Thread on marklin-users.net: InterCity 1-3-4
My YouTube Channel:
https://youtube.com/@intercity134
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Minok
Offline shannon  
#5 Posted : 18 October 2016 07:30:24(UTC)
shannon

Originally Posted by: Minok Go to Quoted Post
Hi!
It works great.
Set the values you want.

Hi! Tom

The way ABV should work (when enabled - ie the F4 icon is NOT selected to disable ABV).. is that it ramps down from the current speed to the selected speed over some time. So if the train is running at some high speed X, and you turn the speed control for the train down to 0 instantly, then the locomotive will not instantly stop, but instead will slow down gradually. The larger the ABV braking value, the more time/distance that takes.

Similar on the acceleration side.

Thanks for your reply. I did the same way but the sliding distance and delay time of accerlation & decceration obviously are shorter than my expectation. Crying