Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline eduard71  
#1 Posted : 16 September 2016 06:11:32(UTC)
eduard71

Chile   
Hi,
I have made the upgrade of the decoder of my E50 model 39500 with an msd decoder, but I can't make it run. I have changed all CVs for the soft drive, and I have added AUX 4 in S and F.
I am missing something else on the conversion?
I did I an exact copy of the parameter already present in the original decoder but still I can't make it to move.
Anyone around there with experience making this kind of upgrades? I have done in the past sound upgrades but with ESU decoder so with no problem. Do I need to do something else with the msd decoder?

Thank you
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 16 September 2016 07:57:53(UTC)
H0

Hi!
Originally Posted by: eduard71 Go to Quoted Post
Which colours does the original decoder have?
If it is blue, then you will need a NEM-compatible decoder (MSD Spezial or ESU).

If the original decoder is blue then hopefully the MSD did not damage the board in the loco.

If it is red or green then take a close look at the decoder to find whether it is NEM-compatible or nor.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline eduard71  
#3 Posted : 17 September 2016 04:48:03(UTC)
eduard71

Chile   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Hi!
Which colours does the original decoder have?
If it is blue, then you will need a NEM-compatible decoder (MSD Spezial or ESU).

If the original decoder is blue then hopefully the MSD did not damage the board in the loco.

If it is red or green then take a close look at the decoder to find whether it is NEM-compatible or nor.

Thank you very much Tom. The original decoder is blue with no sound it is an ESU one. I now know that msd decoder have amplified aux 3 and 4 so they will not be able to run soft drive motors and only the special one can do it.

Thanks again
Eduardo
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by eduard71
Offline Moritz-BR365  
#4 Posted : 17 September 2016 13:43:05(UTC)
Moritz-BR365

Germany   
Thank you very much Tom. The original decoder is blue with no sound it is an ESU one. I now know that msd decoder have amplified aux 3 and 4 so they will not be able to run soft drive motors and only the special one can do it.

Did You now check, if the loco is still working with the original Esu decoder? I would do this first to be sure, the mSD didn't damage the SDS-Board.

Moritz

Offline eduard71  
#5 Posted : 17 September 2016 21:33:38(UTC)
eduard71

Chile   
Originally Posted by: Moritz-BR365 Go to Quoted Post

Did You now check, if the loco is still working with the original Esu decoder? I would do this first to be sure, the mSD didn't damage the SDS-Board.

Moritz

Hi Moritz,
Yes it does, I was looky and the board didn't suffer any damage. The locomotive is working with no problem.

Regards

Eduardo
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by eduard71