Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline IanR38  
#1 Posted : 07 April 2016 22:17:08(UTC)
IanR38

Hi
Firstly could I say many thanks for all the help I have received from the forum so far. My layout is progressing well, but I am about to install a Marklin Z gauge diamond crossing (8559) and would like to ask for help before I go wrong. There will be two independently powered parallel tracks, a point leaves one track and crosses the other using 8559. I am assuming I use isolating joiners on the `crossing`entrance and exit and that any loco making the crossing would have to be powered by the other`through` track while going across. Is this correct?
Many thanks
Cheers
IanR
Offline ozzman  
#2 Posted : 07 April 2016 22:26:55(UTC)
ozzman

Australia   
Yes, that is correct. Same applies if you use an 8560 double slip crossing.
Gary
Z Scale
"Never let the prototype get in the way of a good layout"
Offline kiwiAlan  
#3 Posted : 08 April 2016 00:07:10(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: IanR38 Go to Quoted Post
Hi
Firstly could I say many thanks for all the help I have received from the forum so far. My layout is progressing well, but I am about to install a Marklin Z gauge diamond crossing (8559) and would like to ask for help before I go wrong. There will be two independently powered parallel tracks, a point leaves one track and crosses the other using 8559. I am assuming I use isolating joiners on the `crossing`entrance and exit and that any loco making the crossing would have to be powered by the other`through` track while going across. Is this correct?
Many thanks
Cheers
IanR

Well, you could set it up so all legs of the crossing are isolated, then switch the crossing power to either the through track or the crossing track.

Would require a double pole switch (one contact for the left rail, one for the right rail), but if you did it with a universal relay, then that could switch with the point (assuming electrical driven points).

IIRC the universal relay has two sets of contacts.