Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Rwill  
#1 Posted : 27 March 2016 15:02:52(UTC)
Rwill

United Kingdom   
So I have found something more frustrating than banana plugs (which I seem to have solved with something called Waygo connectors) and that is signal bulbs. My 7200 series signals did not like their twenty years in the loft so I have spent the last few days on bulbs and general repairs, great fun for my fat fumbly fingers and eyesight! So now we get to some operational issues twenty years on. First attempt on a I know what I'm doing basis resulted in smoke but no lasting damage. So then we get to read a combination of the little slip inside the box, a bilingual copy of Signalbuch 0360 and digital handbook 0303 - a very early edition. So now we have some trials that work after a fashion on my K track/6021/6040 smallish layout.

So a number of queries resulting:

It seems to me that my education would be best suited to the signal book 03402 in English but now out of print. My searches cant find a copy on sale in stock although it does not seem that long out of sale. Is there another pdf or scanned version available anywhere?

On my layout we do not thunder around at max speed but potter quite modestly yet the books seem to recommend a four track length break before the signal stop point. My loks seem to stop in the first track section after the break. Is this normal?

When a lok passes the break on stop the current is switched off so is the ABV so the lok stops abruptly, am I missing something (we have the resistor fitted as instructed to retain the setting)
Offline Iamnotthecrazyone  
#2 Posted : 27 March 2016 15:53:08(UTC)
Iamnotthecrazyone

Australia   
The book I don't know were to get it but keep trying ebay, they are a must. There is one on ebay Germany in german 03401. The signals have been quite challenging sometimes but if you are more specific about the problem or goal may be someone can help you.

depends on the loco and the speed but one to two tracks to stop sound normal to me.

Stops abruptly, yes if you want them to slow down in a more realistic way there is what's called a breaking module and that's probably were the four track recommendation comes from. You can buy the module or you can make them there are circuits somewhere in this site.