Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline fossie  
#1 Posted : 06 March 2016 16:42:10(UTC)
fossie

United Kingdom   
Dear All

I have a class 03 stream locomotive from the digital set 29845. I would like to upgrade this to full sound using the Marklin 60965 decoder. My question is will this decoder have enough separate functions to support a) smoke generator b) running lights

Thanks in advance

Andy
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 06 March 2016 16:53:15(UTC)
H0

Hi Andy,

Welcome to the forum.

There are four function outputs, so lights front, lights rear, smoke generator, and running lights won't be a problem.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline fossie  
#3 Posted : 17 March 2016 15:26:20(UTC)
fossie

United Kingdom   
Dear All

I have brought the decoder from my dealer and installed the marklin 60985 decoder in my class 03 steam locomotive... Everything works ok... movement, reversing, lights etc... The trouble is the sound is that of a diesel locomotive... The decoder was recognised on my ecos 50200 as an mSD/3 diesel.... and activated it with M4. I have tried to reset the decoder with CV 8.... but this has not worked... How do I get steam sounds or do I send it back to the dealer. The Box was unopened and was clearly labelled as p/n 60985.

Thanks in advance

Andy
Offline 3rail4life  
#4 Posted : 17 March 2016 18:31:36(UTC)
3rail4life

United States   
Hi Andy,

That's messed up Cursing, they must have packed a 60986 in your 60985 box Confused or just programmed it just wrong at the factory. With the right tools (CS2 or mSD decoder programmer) it could be programmed to steam. Since you are using the ECoS, you should probably return it to your dealer for exchange or reprogramming.

Cheers,
Gordon
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by 3rail4life
Offline H0  
#5 Posted : 17 March 2016 19:02:32(UTC)
H0

Hi, Andy,

Did you solder the decoder in? With a CS2 a new sound can be uploaded without removing the decoder from the loco.
If you plugged the decoder in, then you can easily send it back to your dealer.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline fossie  
#6 Posted : 05 April 2016 13:53:14(UTC)
fossie

United Kingdom   
Dear all

I got the replacement decoder 60985 and installed it in my br03 steam engine from start set 29845. Now I get steam sounds, lights & movement. But the smoke generator & running lights are not working. As shown in the manual I have connected the old smoke generator wire (brown/red) to the decoder green wire (aux 1). The running lights wire (brown/green) is connected do the decoder violet wire (aux 2)via existing resisters located on the running lights circuit board. Does the factory installed smoke decoder need resisters?.
All the other wires are connected as per the instructions. The ecos 50200 recognises the loco & functions. Please can you help in this.

Thanks

Andy