Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline GlennM  
#1 Posted : 24 February 2016 12:05:09(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
In January 2016 I was lucky enough to visit the new and much talked about Hans-Peter Porsche Traumwerk, which is situated in Germany very close to the Austrian border. The venue is in essence an exhibition of the immense and wonderful toy collection of Hans-Peter Porsche and includes an amazing Märklin layout (that was built by Brima) which depicts scenes from three areas; Switzerland, Austria and Germany (Bodensee region). A number of the scenes relate personally to Mr Porsche such as his summer house complete with boat house. The exhibition also includes a sound and light show which takes place at night and highlights key towns and locations as well as bridges, viaducts and waterfalls.

Before going I could not find any decent videos of the layout (although I note that there are quite a few detailed videos added on youtube) and so it was my intention to try and produce a detailed video so that Forum members could see the scale and detail of this layout and hopefully encourage them to visit in the future.

I am afraid the video is quite long over 1 hour, but I hope will be useful to watch during lunch breaks and other such generally unproductive periods BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

The sheer size of the display makes it almost impossible to capture the sound and light show in it's entirety with a normal camera but I have included a couple of sequences which I hope will give and indication of the magnitude of the offering.

If you have the chance I would strongly recommend a visit you will not be disappointed......................

Don't look back, your not heading that way.
thanks 17 users liked this useful post by GlennM
Offline Thewolf  
#2 Posted : 24 February 2016 14:13:28(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   
waoowww Love

This is the Disney Land of the train Love

Thewolf
Project The Richelieu Valley Railway-CS2-Track C- Itrain-Digital
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Thewolf
Offline Dreadnought  
#3 Posted : 24 February 2016 14:59:44(UTC)
Dreadnought

Canada   
Thanks to you, I have not finished reading the files for this morning. I need more hours in the day, not distractions.

That aside, thank you very much. You did a terrific video, by far the best I have seen of the Traumwerk. You brought back happy memories of the wonderful visit back in September. This video will be an excellent accompaniment to my Saturday coffee.

Thank you
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Dreadnought
Offline GlennM  
#4 Posted : 24 February 2016 18:50:56(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Dreadnought Go to Quoted Post
Thanks to you, I have not finished reading the files for this morning. I need more hours in the day, not distractions.

That aside, thank you very much. You did a terrific video, by far the best I have seen of the Traumwerk. You brought back happy memories of the wonderful visit back in September. This video will be an excellent accompaniment to my Saturday coffee.

Thank you

Thanks for your kind words and hope you get around to enjoying it with your coffee on Saturday morning BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin
Offline steventrain  
#5 Posted : 24 February 2016 20:52:47(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Very impressive, Great video Glenn.
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline PJMärklin  
#6 Posted : 25 February 2016 11:01:43(UTC)
PJMärklin

Australia   
Originally Posted by: GlennM Go to Quoted Post
[size=6]In January 2016 I was lucky enough to visit the new and much talked about Hans-Peter Porsche Traumwerk, which is situated in Germany very close to the Austrian border.

Hello Glenn,

Thank you very much for posting your video - I certainly enjoyed it !

Regards,

PJ
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by PJMärklin
Offline GlennM  
#7 Posted : 25 February 2016 13:28:19(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
Thanks Stephan and PJ ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp