Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline IanR38  
#1 Posted : 22 February 2016 22:59:43(UTC)
IanR38

Hello to you all. I have just joined this forum and this is my first post here. I am planning a large z gauge layout as a retirement project, but I notice that the Marklin z range of coaches is a bit limited.- just four express coaches from era iii with a diesel commuter train pack and steam-powered railcar to come. Could I ask anyone doing z gauge Germany era iii for advice on how to make up varied trains -particularly commuter/suburban-from the available catalogue?
Many thanks
Cheers
IanR
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 22 February 2016 23:19:00(UTC)
H0

Hi, Ian,
Welcome to the forum.

What you call "catalogue" is just the new items brochure with new items for 2016.
There are more coaches in the 2015/2016 catalogue and earlier catalogues. Some items from recent years may still be in stock at some dealers. Rolling stock from the last 40+ years can be bought second hand on eBay and other platforms. There you will find other types of coaches beyond those few in the new items brochure.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Carim  
#3 Posted : 23 February 2016 09:45:45(UTC)
Carim

United Kingdom   
Hi Ian

If you first go to https://www.maerklinshop.de/, hit the button "zur website" and then (you can switch language from DE to EN if needed) click on the "produkte" menu you get a "spur z" menu with all the current products. If you don't click down on any items under "spur z" immediately, you should see a red rectangle lower on the page with the word "prodkuktdatenbank". If you hit that you can search for any item produced for Epoch III, I think going back to 2002. Once you've located the item ref number you can do the sort of searches Tom suggested above.

Kind regards,
Carim
Offline IanR38  
#4 Posted : 23 February 2016 10:47:17(UTC)
IanR38

Hi Tom and Carim. Many thanks for this very helpful advice. I`ve only just started so I hadn`t really got much further than the Gaugemaster site and some thoughts as to what I might pick up that was currently available which seemed a bit limited.
Best wishes
Cheers
IanR