Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline magload  
#1 Posted : 23 January 2016 14:26:31(UTC)
magload

United States   
Can any one offer suggestions or a solution for the ( CS1)programming track not picking up a locomotive. I have tried the following:
Checked and rewired the plug which goes into CS1. Also checked connection to my C track programming track. Moved the pre-wired connectors to another piece of track.
Put a locomotive on with a known address. Did not pick up locomotive. Put locomotive on main track and it ran fine.
I am hesitant to do a factory reset as I do not want to loose my data base of locomotives.
Suggestions please............
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 23 January 2016 18:37:22(UTC)
H0

Hi!

I cannot suggest anything because I do not understand what you try to achieve and how you try it.
Are you trying something new or something that worked dozens of times before?

I don't think a reset will do any good. Maybe shut down the CS and leave it without power for 30+ seconds and then try again.

With respect to a factory reset: you can create a backup before doing a factory reset. If the reset does not do any good then you can restore the backup with all your settings.

Do you have version 2.0.4 on your CS1? Which loco?
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline magload  
#3 Posted : 23 January 2016 19:37:23(UTC)
magload

United States   
Thanks for responding.
The programming track had worked previously. that contributes to my frustration.
There was a period of time where I did not have the time to "play" with my trains or work on my layout. I just set up the programming track again.
I was trying to find the address of a locomotive. Was/is a Lilliput AC digital BR 45. Would not register. Gives the message : no loco ; Does not do the search function. Stays on the no loco message.
I do have the last update which Maerklin provided.
I tried a range of Maerklin locomotives with different decoders with the same result.
Any tips or links for how to do the back up? I will only do tghe re-set as a last resort.
Thanks
Offline H0  
#4 Posted : 23 January 2016 20:12:01(UTC)
H0

There is a relay inside the CS. Normally (i.e. when not in programming mode) the programming track output is parallel to the main track output and locos that run on the main track should run the same on the programming track.

When the programming mode is being activated (e.g. for searching a loco), then there should be a click from the relay.

Maybe the relay got stuck and is no longer working, maybe the transistors/detectors for the programming track are dead and no longer working.

Backup and Restore are accessible through the web interface. You need a LAN connection between CS and PC.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage