Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline nitramretep  
#1 Posted : 25 October 2015 23:54:35(UTC)
nitramretep

United States   

Got this locomotive several weeks ago, a real gem; powerful, smooth running and excellent scale speed. This engine is a brute and very powerful! A typical Bavaria Epoch II Heavy Freight Locomotive with a stunning dark green paint job. The whistle is the best. Nice full features for the CS 2.
I use it to pull three sets of the Marklin Kohlrtricherwagen Sets (3 double hopper for coal) Epoch II (#46803). This makes a great train and a delight to watch, the "snub nose" 0-8-0 locomotive is a delight to run.

Edited by moderator 29 October 2015 20:35:49(UTC)  | Reason: Fixed Album Image Link

thanks 5 users liked this useful post by nitramretep
Offline kimballthurlow  
#2 Posted : 26 October 2015 00:53:58(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Originally Posted by: nitramretep Go to Quoted Post
[img]http://https://www.marklin-users.net/forum/album?u=8649&a=1614[/img]

Got this locomotive several weeks ago, a real gem; powerful, smooth running and excellent scale speed. This engine is a brute and very powerful! A typical Bavaria Epoch II Heavy Freight Locomotive with a stunning dark green paint job. The whistle is the best. Nice full features for the CS 2.
I use it to pull three sets of the Marklin Kohlrtricherwagen Sets (3 double hopper for coal) Epoch II (#46803). This makes a great train and a delight to watch, the "snub nose" 0-8-0 locomotive is a delight to run.

Hi Nitram,

Your image will show if you edit the first "http://" out of the URL line.

Thanks for the review, it sounds great. I like long coal trains.

regards
Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
Offline Goofy  
#3 Posted : 29 October 2015 18:28:16(UTC)
Goofy

Do locomotive have 5 pole motor?
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline RayF  
#4 Posted : 29 October 2015 18:35:33(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
It's a beautiful loco! I regret not pre-ordering one, but I've seen there's some available on ebay and I might treat myself to one for Christmas.
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
Offline H0  
#5 Posted : 30 October 2015 07:45:10(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: Goofy Go to Quoted Post
Do locomotive have 5 pole motor?
There is a nine-star symbol in the catalogue. LOL

Interesting question. I think so far no loco review gave details about the motor.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline mbarreto  
#6 Posted : 30 October 2015 19:48:16(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   

I have that loco and sometimes I like it a lot and sometimes just so and so.
From a model detail perspective it is very very good! The color is great depending on the light that spots it. With intense sunlight it is superb, but
in the shadow I don't like so much.
It was also a bit disappointing to me it didn't come with cabin light and also telex - those are features i really appreciate.

About current Märklin motors it is an endless talk. I don't know what they are and what they will be. It is that kind of secret that I don't understand why it is secret. Or do M* have shame of say what they are using? When the SDS came to life it was a pride spoke loud!

Miguel
Best regards,
Miguel
Mostly Märklin H0.

Offline vnangli  
#7 Posted : 17 December 2015 21:51:12(UTC)
vnangli

United States   
Originally Posted by: mbarreto Go to Quoted Post

I have that loco and sometimes I like it a lot and sometimes just so and so.
From a model detail perspective it is very very good! The color is great depending on the light that spots it. With intense sunlight it is superb, but
in the shadow I don't like so much.
It was also a bit disappointing to me it didn't come with cabin light and also telex - those are features i really appreciate.

About current Märklin motors it is an endless talk. I don't know what they are and what they will be. It is that kind of secret that I don't understand why it is secret. Or do M* have shame of say what they are using? When the SDS came to life it was a pride spoke loud!

Miguel

Miguel and everybody in this post,
I have a very dumb question, I have this Steam loco which has been sitting in the box for sometime. I have run it a couple of times. But with the fear that I may harm some of the fine details on the loco as well as the linkage to the coal tender when I remove it from the box and putting it back I hesitate to remove it from the box.

How have you folks handled this beauty? Again please excuse me for posting a question which I think may be silly.

Thanks and have a great holiday season
VJ
Offline mbarreto  
#8 Posted : 18 December 2015 16:13:07(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   

Hi,

The loco needs to be handle with care but it is not super fragile.
My suggestions are this:

1- Once out of the box, let it out of the box.
- Don't be storing it in the box and every time you want to play with it take it out. Just leave it out not exposed to sunlight.
- When out of the box always have it railed over track. If you need to move it you pick the track always using 2 hands with one protecting the loco from fall.
- If you need to move or store it, it is even better to use TrainSafe products, but they are super expensive. They also have UV protection

2- To remove the loco from the plastic that supports it in the box my suggestion is to use both hands:
- One hand pick the tender in the back half
- Other hand picks the loco. I pick it by the side platforms with thumb close to 3 drive wheel and on the other side I use 3 or 4 fingers centered also around the 3rd wheel

This is how I do it, but others may have better suggestions :)

Miguel
Best regards,
Miguel
Mostly Märklin H0.