Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline garben  
#1 Posted : 13 October 2015 00:29:10(UTC)
garben

United States   
I just purchased a mega starter set with CS2 and before I jump in and put together my entire planned layout, I'm trying to learn how to wire, set up blocks and signals etc. with a small oval with a passing. I know when I isolate tracks for a block I need to add a feeder wire before and after the blocks. The CS2 comes with a feeder wire with spade connectors that I can connect to one section. How would I connect to the other section? Would I connect the feeder from the CS2 to something and then distribute my brown and red wires from there? If so, any good suggestions/solutions.

Thanks!
Offline kiwiAlan  
#2 Posted : 13 October 2015 14:45:48(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: garben Go to Quoted Post
I just purchased a mega starter set with CS2 and before I jump in and put together my entire planned layout, I'm trying to learn how to wire, set up blocks and signals etc. with a small oval with a passing. I know when I isolate tracks for a block I need to add a feeder wire before and after the blocks. The CS2 comes with a feeder wire with spade connectors that I can connect to one section. How would I connect to the other section? Would I connect the feeder from the CS2 to something and then distribute my brown and red wires from there? If so, any good suggestions/solutions.

Thanks!

marklin sell additional feeder wires, catalogue #74042 which consists of red and brown wires with push on connectors on them. They also used to sell the push on connectors for you to put on the wire your self, but I beleive they have stopped that now.
Offline H0  
#3 Posted : 13 October 2015 15:12:16(UTC)
H0

You can still buy #74995 Spade Connectors.
I use a small pair of pliers to mount them to cables. IMHO there is no need to buy the special crimp tool to use them.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage