Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline clapcott  
#1 Posted : 18 September 2015 03:26:55(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
UserPostedImage

system(v4.1.0) ... 17-09-2015
webserver (v4) ... 17-09-2015
cs2-gui(v4.2.0(2)) 19-09-2015

UserPostedImage

The following helpfiles were included
Note: I cannot comment on what has changed if anything - it may just be cosmetic

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/hilfe/de/einstellungen_audio.html
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/hilfe/de/einstellungen_cs.html
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/hilfe/de/einstellungen_geraet.html
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/hilfe/de/einstellungen_version.htm

1 new icon
icons/SVT 183.png

Someone else may be able to speak to the changes in the "Sound" block of the CV programing for an mFX decoder.
Theoretically it is here where the mSD/3 sound function volumes can be played with.

Edited by user 26 May 2016 08:42:40(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Peter
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by clapcott
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 18 September 2015 07:35:25(UTC)
H0

Märklin wrote that you need at least 4.1 to update the new mSD/3 and mLD/3 decoders.

The new mDT for the /3 decoders is also available, along with a new sound library.

And there are new French and Dutch manuals for the CS2 on the download page. The German version has been there for a few months already, I ain't seen an English version yet.
I didn't look into the manuals. Maybe these are just translations of the German manual which covers the 3.5 version (later improvements are missing).
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline H0  
#3 Posted : 19 September 2015 09:13:54(UTC)
H0

The new version brings back an old bug: currently you cannot upload loco icons using a web browser.

Icons can be upload using USB memory.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline Drongo  
#4 Posted : 24 September 2015 14:43:38(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
Hi everyone, I've updated my CS2 and I've noticed a problem.

Under the loco control graphics is the spanner (wrench) to alter the settings of the loco. When a new mcx loco is placed on the track the mfx icon displays next to the spanner icon. In my situation, the mfx icon comes on in the shaded setting for about 10 seconds and then goes away - 10 seconds later, it appears again. This continues all the time. Is anyone else experiencing this? I've tried to update again to see if the update didn't configure correctly, but it's still happening.

Any idea what the problem is?

Greg
Take it easy . . . . or any other way you can get it !!!!
Offline H0  
#5 Posted : 24 September 2015 16:40:34(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: Drongo Go to Quoted Post
In my situation, the mfx icon comes on in the shaded setting for about 10 seconds and then goes away - 10 seconds later, it appears again. This continues all the time. Is anyone else experiencing this? I've tried to update again to see if the update didn't configure correctly, but it's still happening.
Several users on Stummi's Forum reported this behaviour. I think so far no cure was found.

It's mainly a cosmetic problem. It's irritating to see the button come and go and the wrench button is disabled while the grey mfx button shows.

The button indicates some mfx activity, but there is no further explanation which mfx activity.

I think this is a new feature of the 4.0 version.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline mbarreto  
#6 Posted : 24 September 2015 21:01:19(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
In my situation, the mfx icon comes on in the shaded setting for about 10 seconds and then goes away - 10 seconds later, it appears again. This continues all the time. Is anyone else experiencing this? I've tried to update again to see if the update didn't configure correctly, but it's still happening.
Several users on Stummi's Forum reported this behaviour. I think so far no cure was found.

It's mainly a cosmetic problem. It's irritating to see the button come and go and the wrench button is disabled while the grey mfx button shows.

The button indicates some mfx activity, but there is no further explanation which mfx activity.

I think this is a new feature of the 4.0 version.

I think it is just a v 4 Christmas season feature. Most probably after Christmas it will disappear...
Best regards,
Miguel
Mostly Märklin H0.

Offline clapcott  
#7 Posted : 24 September 2015 22:28:11(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
FYI, an overlay of the new sequence that people are talking about.
The 3x grays shown are only a sample - I believe I have detected at least 5 steps when watching closely.

In the past you may have had to wait up to a minute (ok 30 seconds) before any indication that a new mFX loco was detected. With this new sequence, you get a very early indication that something is happening and the sequence of graduated grays along the way implies progress in the initial detection of a new decode. After the last set - with the red "m" - you see the bigger green popup and progress bar as the actual configuration data is read.

From my limited observation... if you have not accepted the new loko by pressing the mFX button on the left or right throttle AND you have a mFX+ loco on the track, the sequence appears to repeat itself when the normal 10sec mFX poll occurs (that reads the supply status).

It seems logical to presume that the mFX+ uses a similar , albeit truncates, discover process as the normal full discover. Normally (i.e. every 10 seconds) you do not see the mFX button, however because this is still visible from the initial discovery (outstanding accept) the icon is not hidden.

This may or may not be a bug. That is not to say feedback wont result in a future change

UserPostedImage
Peter
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by clapcott
Offline Nigel Packer  
#8 Posted : 24 September 2015 23:40:23(UTC)
Nigel Packer

United Kingdom   
Hi everyone, I've updated my CS2 and I've noticed a problem.

Under the loco control graphics is the spanner (wrench) to alter the settings of the loco. When a new mcx loco is placed on the track the mfx icon displays next to the spanner icon. In my situation, the mfx icon comes on in the shaded setting for about 10 seconds and then goes away - 10 seconds later, it appears again. This continues all the time. Is anyone else experiencing this? I've tried to update again to see if the update didn't configure correctly, but it's still happening.

Any idea what the problem is?

Greg

Yes, it happens for me all the time with version 4.0. I'm still in Austria after the Märklin Days, etc, so haven't tried downloading 4.1 yet.

This is basically the same problem that has plagued me for the last couple of years, with all recent software versions, and it's definitely a bug. The CS2 can not process other events properly whilst that mfx icon is displayed, and, in my case, it never resolves itself into a registered mfx loco. I cannot get any mfx loco to register itself whilst my (seven) boosters are connected to the CS2. I have to disconnect all boosters, and use a programming track to register a loco.

The whole mfx concept does not yet work for a large layout with a large number of locos. I've offered to be a beta tester for Märklin software development but so far they have not taken me up on it. And they still haven't got mfx working properly . . .

Nigel
Märklin collector since age 5.
H0 Collection from 1935 to today.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Nigel Packer
H0
Offline Drongo  
#9 Posted : 25 September 2015 01:10:41(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
Thanks fellas for the information. At least I now know that I'm not the only one and I'll just have to wait for the bug fix.

Greg
Take it easy . . . . or any other way you can get it !!!!
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Drongo
Offline waorb  
#10 Posted : 25 September 2015 10:13:42(UTC)
waorb

Brazil   

Hello!

Same behavior to me... I notice that after the upgrade to 4.0... I 'd made a short video, but Peter shows up a good image of that...

I'm travelling on Germany, so no chance to upgrade to 4.1...

"A feature is a bug with seniority" BigGrin

To me seems to be a little bit annoying to see that icon blinking... I always think that something is going wrong.
Good to know that I'm not alone.

Cheers,

Walter
Offline H0  
#11 Posted : 25 September 2015 10:57:48(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
The new version brings back an old bug: currently you cannot upload loco icons using a web browser.
Tried again today and upload worked. Confused

Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline db ice3  
#12 Posted : 29 September 2015 22:36:54(UTC)
db ice3

hello everyone,

i havent updated my central station mark 2 60213 ( early version) for about 2 years. it worked fine then.

is there any point in me updating it now?

im worried my unit might be too old for the latest udates and make it operate not as well as it currently does. - like trying to put windows xp on an old computer and then the previously fine working computer stops working completely making it only fit for the trash!

any advice on this?
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by db ice3
Offline H0  
#13 Posted : 29 September 2015 23:56:40(UTC)
H0

AFAIK all CS2 (60213 through 60215) are the same with respect to RAM and CPU power, so there is no reason to shy away from upgrades for performance reasons.

Off topic: I upgraded my PC from XP to 8.1 and it became faster. I shied away from Vista and I won't install Windows 10, but with respect to performance 8.1 is on the level with XP.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline waorb  
#14 Posted : 07 March 2016 20:24:21(UTC)
waorb

Brazil   

Digging out the topic... No solution for that 'blinking MFX icon' problem?

4.1.0(3) still with that "feature"?

Cheers,

Walter