Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline tsenthia  
#1 Posted : 14 September 2015 11:20:57(UTC)
tsenthia

India   
Dear all,
I had brought my 60215 in May 2014, I am running Marklin 1 Gauge trains, 5503, 85513, and some Marklin P8 Engines, which i have upgraded to ESU XL decoders.

All this while i only used the CS2 to connect it to my programming track and test the conection, functions and a little bit of movement on directions, but never cared to check it on the main track connection, thinking that i would need to use it only when the track layout was ready.

Apparently, it took me 1 year to build the track layout, then i tried running these engines on the main connection, its NOT RESPONDING to my dismay !!!

The engines promptly register and respond to all the functions on the programming track, but when i put the engine on the layout with layout wire everything connected, its not responding at all.

I am using 60100 smps 100 watts power. i don't think its power box issue, as i don't seem to get any issue while running the engines on the programming track.

i double checked the B O direction of the wires, checked the line voltage. everything is there but the engines wouldn't respond.

CS5 Version
HW Version 5.1
Software version 3.0.1(1)

does anyone have any clue on this problem? please help !!!
Offline tsenthia  
#2 Posted : 15 September 2015 07:14:50(UTC)
tsenthia

India   
Hi There !!, can anybody help to address the above problem ?
Offline NZMarklinist  
#3 Posted : 15 September 2015 08:25:11(UTC)
NZMarklinist

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: tsenthia Go to Quoted Post
Dear all,
I had brought my 60215 in May 2014, I am running Marklin 1 Gauge trains, 5503, 85513, and some Marklin P8 Engines, which i have upgraded to ESU XL decoders.

All this while i only used the CS2 to connect it to my programming track and test the conection, functions and a little bit of movement on directions, but never cared to check it on the main track connection, thinking that i would need to use it only when the track layout was ready.

Apparently, it took me 1 year to build the track layout, then i tried running these engines on the main connection, its NOT RESPONDING to my dismay !!!

The engines promptly register and respond to all the functions on the programming track, but when i put the engine on the layout with layout wire everything connected, its not responding at all.

I am using 60100 smps 100 watts power. i don't think its power box issue, as i don't seem to get any issue while running the engines on the programming track.

i double checked the B O direction of the wires, checked the line voltage. everything is there but the engines wouldn't respond.

CS5 Version
HW Version 5.1

Hi tsenthia,

You may have blown the output circuit of the main track power output of your CS2 Blink

You could try connecting the track power to you programming track to test if it is still live, if so ,it's your layout wiring at fault.

Is your layout outside ?

Don't connect your layout to the programming track output or you'll blow that too Scared !

Have your CS2 checked by a professional Marklin repair agent if no luck with above test !

I always recommend track power should always, and only, be thru a Booster, they are far more resilient.
You could buy an M booster 60174 ? and use your 100 amp PS with that and power the CS with a much lower power supply that might get you going quickly if you want !

CS track output I recommend for accessory decoders only ! if you have any sort of a layout Cool

Source of my information from a wise old American Marklinist and former Marklin West Coast service agent, Woolfgang Lietenberger, sadly no longer with us
Glen
Auckland NZ

" Every Marklin layout needs a V200, a Railbus and a Banana car", not to mention a few Black and red Steamers, oh and the odd Elok !

CS1 Reloaded, Touch Cab, C Track Modules, K track layout all under construction. Currently Insider
Offline tsenthia  
#4 Posted : 15 September 2015 08:50:18(UTC)
tsenthia

India   
Originally Posted by: NZMarklinist Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: tsenthia Go to Quoted Post
Dear all,

CS5 Version
HW Version 5.1

Hi tsenthia,

You may have blown the output circuit of the main track power output of your CS2 Blink

You could try connecting the track power to you programming track to test if it is still live, if so ,it's your layout wiring at fault.

Is your layout outside ?

Don't connect your layout to the programming track output or you'll blow that too Scared !

Have your CS2 checked by a professional Marklin repair agent if no luck with above test !

I always recommend track power should always, and only, be thru a Booster, they are far more resilient.
You could buy an M booster 60174 ? and use your 100 amp PS with that and power the CS with a much lower power supply that might get you going quickly if you want !

CS track output I recommend for accessory decoders only ! if you have any sort of a layout Cool

Source of my information from a wise old American Marklinist and former Marklin West Coast service agent, Woolfgang Lietenberger, sadly no longer with us

Hi NZMarklinst,
Thanks for your reply mate, I do respect your knowledge and on the subject, but this problem looks very unusual, i have never used the main track before on the CS2 Unit, i have used a number of Mobile stations and other DCC units, never faced such a problem, here my main track in not much complicated, it has 2 loop oval with circular loop at one end, i thought it won't require booster for this , as i felt running over all 5 engines, out of that 3 are smaller marklin engine with smallar decoders, there are only 2 engines with XL decoders.

As sugested by u , i created a simple main track just a 6 feet straight track, and 2 feet programming track and tested the engine, it shows the same problem, the engine responds to the Programming track wire.
the main track never responds.

I have posted my problem to the service@marklin.de as we don't have authorized service centre for Marklin in India sadly....

is there anything i am missing on the software update or anything, can u please advise ?
Offline blid  
#5 Posted : 15 September 2015 13:28:21(UTC)
blid

Sweden   
Hi tsenthia,

I didn’t quit get how you tested. Did you do as follows?

Forget about the layout for the moment and use the programming track setup only. When it works with one engine, press STOP. Move the plug and wires for the programming track to the output for the layout and press STOP again. If the engine is dead so is the output for the layout and it has to be repaired. If the engine works, then it is the plug or the cables you have used for the layout that are causing the problem.

Another way of checking is to use the info page showing the current voltage and power.

You don’t have the latest software but that doesn’t matter in this case.

blid
OneGauge Marklin and MTH, ESU ECoS 2.1 on LGB tracks. MTH 3-rail 0-gauge, DCS on GarGraves tracks. Z: Rokuhan tracks, analog or DCC+TC Gold.
Offline tsenthia  
#6 Posted : 17 September 2015 08:16:20(UTC)
tsenthia

India   
Originally Posted by: blid Go to Quoted Post
Hi tsenthia,

I didn’t quit get how you tested. Did you do as follows?

Forget about the layout for the moment and use the programming track setup only. When it works with one engine, press STOP. Move the plug and wires for the programming track to the output for the layout and press STOP again. If the engine is dead so is the output for the layout and it has to be repaired. If the engine works, then it is the plug or the cables you have used for the layout that are causing the problem.

Another way of checking is to use the info page showing the current voltage and power.

You don’t have the latest software but that doesn’t matter in this case.

blid

Hi Blid,
I checked the wire connections back and forth, Crying , i tried combinations with two set of wires and same set wires, Same track and two sets of track. Just that in Programming output connection, everything was perfect, its a new CS2 Confused , I bought and never used the layout output connection even for single instance.
i am wondering how it won't respond.

By the way, my question to service@marklin.de got answered, they responded saying that the my software was completely out of date and asked me update it with online internet via router through 2 step process. i manged to get it updated to 4.0.1 version last night, but yet to check the functions. will do it today or tomorrow and update on the progress Blink
Offline blid  
#7 Posted : 17 September 2015 12:51:39(UTC)
blid

Sweden   
You are describing at lot of things at the same time so it is impossible to know how you have tested this. My point was to use only the things you know are working – and nothing else.
I have used a 55742 Köf idling with light and sound to get the following images of the info page. The first when the plug is in the output for the programming track and the second when the plug is in the output for the layout.

OneGauge Marklin and MTH, ESU ECoS 2.1 on LGB tracks. MTH 3-rail 0-gauge, DCS on GarGraves tracks. Z: Rokuhan tracks, analog or DCC+TC Gold.
Offline tsenthia  
#8 Posted : 17 September 2015 13:08:20(UTC)
tsenthia

India   
Originally Posted by: blid Go to Quoted Post
You are describing at lot of things at the same time so it is impossible to know how you have tested this. My point was to use only the things you know are working – and nothing else.
I have used a 55742 Köf idling with light and sound to get the following images of the info page. The first when the plug is in the output for the programming track and the second when the plug is in the output for the layout.

Hi,
Got your point, sorry for the confusion, going by what you say, i am attaching the screen shot both situation, when the engine was connected on the Programming track and connected to the main track (when the wires were unplugged and plugged to main, STOP button was pressed)

you will see in the info screen, that there is some current drawn when the engine was connected to prog track, cause i kept the rear light function on.

but when it was connected to main train, there was no output !!!, Hope this clarifies my problem statement.

WP_20150913_15_55_35_Pro.jpg

WP_20150913_15_55_05_Pro.jpg
Offline blid  
#9 Posted : 17 September 2015 13:57:38(UTC)
blid

Sweden   
I hope you can get it repaired somewhere.