Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline nevw  
#1 Posted : 22 October 2005 06:30:43(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
I am Using Turnouts fitted with 74490 Electric Turnout Motors and will also fit 74470 Turnout Lanterns.

The Turnouts are being controlled by 72710 Control Box with Feedback.

Question: CAN you wire the Turnout Lanterns to the same connection on the 72710 COntrol Box as the turnout or do they have to be separate.
Thanks,
Nev
NOt wearing the Pink Pinny, which is hard to see and now I have a white Pinny which also is hard to see against MY pure white Skin Still have 2 new shiny tin Hips that is badly in Need of Repair matching rusting tin shoulders
and a hose pipe on the aorta
Junior member of the Banana Club, a reformist and an old Goat with a Bad memory, loafing around
Offline pat  
#2 Posted : 22 October 2005 08:00:15(UTC)
pat

I use k83 decoders with my turnouts and my lanterns to my accessory(lighting)transformer output
worse things happen at sea
Offline foumaro  
#3 Posted : 22 October 2005 09:40:10(UTC)
foumaro

Greece   
I use k 83 decoders too with digital system.The turnouts are connected to the
6002 transformer and the 74470 are connected to the old 32 VA.Anyway i think
that the 74470 have to be seperate.
Offline Lars Westerlind  
#4 Posted : 22 October 2005 12:32:34(UTC)
Lars Westerlind

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by nevw
<br />I am Using Turnouts fitted with 74490 Electric Turnout Motors and will also fit 74470 Turnout Lanterns.

The Turnouts are being controlled by 72710 Control Box with Feedback.

Question: CAN you wire the Turnout Lanterns to the same connection on the 72710 COntrol Box as the turnout or do they have to be separate.
Thanks,
Nev

Of course you can, but you won't be satisfied. The laterns will light up during throwing only.
Correct wiring is either to the accessory AC transformer (yellow and brown) or to the track (yellow to red, brown-brown). The latter case will draw some expensive digital power, but not much as it is LEDs.

If you want to turn on and off the light, a 72730 is needed.

Recommendation: if you have an accessory transformer for the motor, you connect the yellow from the latern to the same place as the yellow for the motor. The brown is connected to the transformer, or to the side of the 72710.
/Lars
Offline nevw  
#5 Posted : 22 October 2005 14:08:57(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Thanks Lars,

I have an Accessory Transformer so will do that. That was what I was hoping for..

throw the turnout and the Lantern light would follow.

Nev
NOt wearing the Pink Pinny, which is hard to see and now I have a white Pinny which also is hard to see against MY pure white Skin Still have 2 new shiny tin Hips that is badly in Need of Repair matching rusting tin shoulders
Junior member of the Banana Club, a reformist and an old Goat with a Bad memory, loafing around
Offline nevw  
#6 Posted : 22 October 2005 14:10:45(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Unfortunately, I do not have an IB. only a MS. do not want to wait for the CS, so loks are MFX but turnouts etc not.

Nev

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by foumaro
<br />I use k 83 decoders too with digital system.The turnouts are connected to the
6002 transformer and the 74470 are connected to the old 32 VA.Anyway i think
that the 74470 have to be seperate.
Offline rschaffr  
#7 Posted : 22 October 2005 17:30:19(UTC)
rschaffr

United States   
I wire the turnout lanterns from my lighting circuit wherever I can, completely separate from my operational circuit. Digital power is too valuable to waste on lighting lights. On my older K-track switches I do not have that option, but on the C-switches and the newer K-switches with the separate lantern they are wired separately.
-Ron
Digital, Epoch IV-V(K-track/CS3/6021Connect/60216051), Epoch III(C-track/6021/6036/6051)
http://www.sem-co.com/~rschaffr/trains/trains.html
Offline Tony  
#8 Posted : 23 October 2005 09:41:54(UTC)
Tony

South Africa   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by rschaffr
<br />I wire the turnout lanterns from my lighting circuit wherever I can, completely separate from my operational circuit. ......

Exactly what I dowink - I have a separate, switched lighting circuit powered by a PC power supply feeding the various lamps at either 12VDC or 5VDC - works like a charmwink
Regards Tony
Offline nevw  
#9 Posted : 23 October 2005 10:46:38(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Thanks all for the assistance.
Yes I do have a Separate Power Supply for turnouts, lights etc.
I was wondering about the Wiring of the lanterns.
With the replies I have got the idea through my thick head and now know what to do. )- I think!!CoolSmile[:(][^]confused