Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline vnangli  
#1 Posted : 10 May 2015 21:25:49(UTC)
vnangli

United States   
MRRs,
I set up a partial track layout with a couple of turnouts. Then connected my MS2 which came with Marklin 29791 Set.

When I have two locomotives on the layout, I want one to be stationary and the second one to be controlled for moving. But I noticed is both locomotives start running, which I dont want.

Can anybody guide me?? What I want to do is run only loco, while I want have multiple locos on the track...

Thanks
VJ
vnangli attached the following image(s):
image.jpg
Offline 3rail4life  
#2 Posted : 10 May 2015 21:51:57(UTC)
3rail4life

United States   
Should not be a problem, If your locos are mfx register each one individually with the controller before proceeding, if they are fx / Märklin Motorola or Delta register from the built in database and just make sure they have different addresses.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by 3rail4life
H0
Offline vnangli  
#3 Posted : 10 May 2015 21:56:00(UTC)
vnangli

United States   
Originally Posted by: 3rail4life Go to Quoted Post
Should not be a problem, If your locos are mfx register each one individually with the controller before proceeding, if they are fx / Märklin Motorola or Delta register from the built in database and just make sure they have different addresses.

Can you explain it in more detail?? I registered them in my MS2. However, when I rotate the speed control knob, both locos start moving...I dont know whats happening...
Offline 3rail4life  
#4 Posted : 10 May 2015 22:21:06(UTC)
3rail4life

United States   
Check to see what addresses they have by selecting the loco on the MS2, press shift +loco key, change loco , address and see where you are at with them.

If they are the same refer to the loco manual for instructions on how to change the loco address.

If the loco is externally programmable with the MS2 make sure it is the only one on track when programming.

If your loco has dip switches they may be set differently than what is programmed in the MS2, refer to the loco manual for default settings or custom settings to make it's address different than the conflicting locos.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by 3rail4life
H0
Offline vnangli  
#5 Posted : 10 May 2015 22:34:19(UTC)
vnangli

United States   
Originally Posted by: 3rail4life Go to Quoted Post
Check to see what addresses they have by selecting the loco on the MS2, press shift +loco key, change loco , address and see where you are at with them.

If they are the same refer to the loco manual for instructions on how to change the loco address.

If the loco is externally programmable with the MS2 make sure it is the only one on track when programming.

If your loco has dip switches they may be set differently than what is programmed in the MS2, refer to the loco manual for default settings or custom settings to make it's address different than the conflicting locos.

Thanks for the explanation...I will update the post after I check this out.

VJ
Offline Angus  
#6 Posted : 12 May 2015 11:04:34(UTC)
Angus

South Africa   
Also remember to only have one loco on the track at a time when doing the MS2 registration. Once they're registered you can then go ahead and put them all on track.
Offline H0  
#7 Posted : 12 May 2015 11:15:03(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: Angus Go to Quoted Post
Also remember to only have one loco on the track at a time when doing the MS2 registration.
You can have many locos on the track during registration, but do not make changes for MM or DCC locos if there is more than one loco on the track.

Loco detection for MM and DCC locos will work only if there is just one loco on the track, but registration (mfx or manual registration) will work anyway.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by H0