Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline StuartA  
#1 Posted : 21 September 2014 20:58:23(UTC)
StuartA

United States   
A customer brought in a Marklin 83434 electric locomotive with a Delta decoder which doesn't run. Upon inspection I found three wires which are not connected. A blue wire and green wire from the circuit board, which I assume go to the motor, and a yellow wire from one headlight assembly, which I assume goes to an open solder spot on the circuit board.

Problem is that on the motor I see only one open solder spot by the brushes. I doesn't know whether that is for the green or blue wire, and then where the other wire would go on the motor.

Could someone send me a wiring diagram for this locomotive?

Thanks,

Stuart
Offline mike c  
#2 Posted : 21 September 2014 23:43:59(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
The 83434 Silver Re 4/4II had the same internals as the 3434 and the 34341. I will check through my collection and see if I still have an original one. Most of my models have been converted to ESU type digital.

Looking at one of my digital locos, the blue and green wires are both connected to the motor via resistors. The blue wire resistor is connected to the motor just above the right carbon brush. The green wire resistor is connected to a brown capacitor or resistor or series thereof and is connected to a metal contact above the left carbon brush. The yellow, grey, brown and orange cables all go to the LED panel

I think that somewhere in my boxes, I still have one of the original delta models and if I find it, I will take a photo of the innards.

Regards

Mike C
Offline H0  
#3 Posted : 22 September 2014 08:09:59(UTC)
H0

The "resistors" in the motor connections are chokes (inductors). I think Delta locos with AC/DC motor don't have them.

With Delta and AC/DC motor, green and blue typically go to the field coil. Field coil is connected to one motor brush, black wire from the decoder goes to the other motor brush.

http://www.stayathome.ch/images/RAG03.jpg
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline 3rail4life  
#4 Posted : 22 September 2014 15:57:05(UTC)
3rail4life

United States   
Hi Stuart,

Most all deltas go something like this:

6080/Delta

Good luck with it, hope this helps...

Gordon
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by 3rail4life
Offline mike c  
#5 Posted : 23 September 2014 05:53:18(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I found my last delta Re 4/4II and here are the photos.
The blue and green wires are connected to the contacts on the top end of the coil. There are also black and brown wires that are connected to spots the just above the carbon brushes which can be seen in all three photos. The yellow, orange and grey wires are for the lighting (one for left and top, one for right (Swiss taillight) plus ground). I found a second delta loco and added a fourth photo in which the black and brown wires can be clearly seen.

Regards

Mike C
mike c attached the following image(s):
83434.1.jpg
83434.2.jpg
83434.3.jpg
3434.1.jpg