Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Mikael  
#1 Posted : 23 September 2005 17:48:59(UTC)
Mikael

Denmark   
Hi.

I just got a Märklin 7286 turntable. Does anyone know the internal wiring for the motor and relay in the turntable (not the control box)? As far as I have found out, there are a couple of diodes involved (and maybe some other stuff too), but I haven't been able to determine the exact wiring of it.

I am thinking of making a digital decoder for the turntable, that won't cost anywhere near the pricetag of the 7687. I did find a very nice homemade digital decoder somewhere on the net, but it required extensive modifications of the turntable, and I'm just not willing to do that to a brand new one.
Offline Maxi  
#2 Posted : 23 September 2005 20:08:56(UTC)
Maxi

I believe that the website of the decoder which required modifications to the turntable which you are referring to is http://www.digital-bahn.de/.

I have built this decoder and did the modifications, I do not regret making the changes and find the turntable to operate very smooth as opposed to the Marklin decoder. When using the Marklin decoder the relay remains energized most of the time and the motor sounds like it is labouring.

I do not have a fresh turntable to refer to but I could attempt to reconstruct the wiring diagram from all material I have collected. Marklin's method of indexing works on the principal of power draw (since the relay will lock the turntable every 7.5 degrees) and time it should take to move from current location to chosen location (this is a safe guard so as not to burn out the motor should the turntable get stuck or is experiencing greater resistance than it should which effects the speed at which the turntable will move at).

Maxi
Offline Mikael  
#3 Posted : 24 September 2005 00:32:10(UTC)
Mikael

Denmark   
Indeed that was exactly the website, I have seen. I've since found another one that shows a rather simple arrangement, using 3 relays on a Viessmann decoder to make the turntable "discount-digital". I think I have an idea of how to make my own decoder, but I first need to do some testing.

Out of the three wires to the turntable mechanics, I recon that two are for the motor itself. Reverse the polarity and it turns the other way. But I still don't know the exact principle behind the third wire. It is used to start the turning, but I'm not sure of the polarity of it yet, and how it interconnects with the two other wires to complete the circuit.