Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline bronco  
#1 Posted : 28 May 2014 19:59:22(UTC)
bronco

Canada   
Hello all,
Was wondering whether any of you have installed a tcs decoder on a Marklin lok and with what success.
I usually do all my conversions with Marklin/Esu decoders, mostly esu.
I read some good reviews with regard to tcs decoders, so I decided to give a two function T1 decoder a go.
When I put the lok on the track (new c tracks) and press the stop button it lurches forward for about a foot or two and then moves gracefully. The lok moves without a problem when controlled with the MS2 controller in the
forward or reverse direction at any speed. I experience the lurching only when I start the lok using the stop button and not when I use the red knob to reverse the direction. I also noticed that the headlights are brighter in the forward direction and rather dim in the reverse.
Your thoughts on the above will be appreciated.
Cheers....Shelton
Offline Gustavo Villa  
#2 Posted : 03 June 2014 22:16:44(UTC)
Gustavo Villa

Chile   
Hi Shelton, I have been using many DCC decoders (TCS, Lenz, Zimo, Digitrax, etc.) in my Marklin Hamo and Trix locomotives using CS2 DCC compatible central station in a 2 rail layout, and all of them work flawless with marklin motors. In comparison to ESU and Marklin decoders, my favorite are Lenz, but TCS are great decoders, especially the ones with keep alive feature.

Hope this helps
Offline bronco  
#3 Posted : 05 June 2014 22:05:25(UTC)
bronco

Canada   
Hi Gustavo,
Thanks, I have since resolved the erratic behaviour with a CV tweak. The lok runs gracefully now and I am very happy with its performance. My next conversion will be with a Lenz decoder, will let you know how it goes with 3 rail.
Regards....Shelton